No replies to this topic

#1 SusieQ

SusieQ

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 10:01 AM

Following receipt of the hate mail from three Rancho-based candidates for the FCUSD school board, Teresa Stanley, current board president sent the following statement to the public via email broadcast and asked that who received it pass her message to others. Teresa Stanley said:

I am incensed and completely disappointed in the lack of integrity of 3 school board candidates: Heidi Konarski, Ed Short, and Richard Shaw. They had the nerve to put out a mailer suggesting tyhat our current school board thinks it's okay for our children to "ride the bus with sex offenders." This stems from a partnership between the district and the city of Folsom whereby the city provides bus service along routes that go to the high school, and charge the same as kids would pay to ride district buses. This, for those lacking integrity, translates to riding the bus with sex offenders.

While I had considered supporting one or more of these candidates, I am now entirely opposed to having any of them represent our district and our students. These are not the type of people who should be in positions of leadership.

Ed Short tells peop0le he is on the bond oversight committee for the district, but sometimes fails to mention that he has never had any interaction with Folsom schools, committee or otherwise. He lives in RC, but writes his address as Mather, Ca so that people will not connect him with RC.

Richard Shaw tells people that he has been a teacher and principal in the district, but often fails to mention that he had never taught in Folsom. He had dramatically inflated numbers when he is asked direct questions, rather than trhying to come up with a reasonable answer or simply state "I don't know."

Heidi Konarski was"shocked" that the board would eliminate bus service. This because Heidi has had NO experience with schools, our district or otherwise. She is a mother of a young child who has not yet entered school. She failed to learn the facts about the bussing before allowing her "shock" to translate into a hate mailer.

NOne of these people will find the funding to expand bussing in the district. None of these people understgand the huge encroachment that bus service eontinues to have into the district's general fund and educational programs.

We do not need people representing our children's interests, who will stoop to this level to mislead and misdirect the public.

My vote will be cast for McGowan, Myers, and Morris (the three M's) on election day. These people have never stooped to the negativism and nastiness shown by the people supported by the union.

Thanks,

Teresa A. Stanley
FCUSD, Board President

Please let others know about the ethical tactics from the RC-based candidates who are the pawns of the unions.
Our school district is in great shape with students performing at high achievement levels, a balanced budget, and school construction and modernization underway. We don't need a new team, especially one that will march to the tune of the unions and one that lacks basic integrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users