39 replies to this topic

#31 folsomstrings

folsomstrings

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

We will condense the menu due to the kitchen area being much smaller. There will still be many favorites still available but not on the menu. Some dishes are more time consuming to make but we can make them special order.

We knew that a sushi restaurant was going in our old location. We wish them well, but the location is not good. Folsom has just grown too much. The Raleys center on Riley is a good example of this. Also, the city changed the Walmart entrance for the post office so now everyone going into Walmart is making a left in front of Kohls. And Kohls traffic is turning into the same space. With Walmart expanding....its not going to get any better. I had so many close calls making a left out of there. And made sure to avoid the middle school traffic.

Kim

#32 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Left turns cause the most traffic accidents. I’ll go a block out of my way to avoid making a left turn.

I am waiting, like everyone else, to be able to get my Strings fix! I miss Strings too! :(

#33 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Left turns cause the most traffic accidents. I’ll go a block out of my way to avoid making a left turn. :(

It might be true that two wrongs don't make a right,

but 3 rights do make a left, :2thumbsup:
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#34 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

It might be true that two wrongs don't make a right,

but 3 rights do make a left, :2thumbsup:

Smart driving has kept me from having an accident for over twenty years!
Plus, being lucky enough not to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

As with some accidents, here in Folsom recently, where the person causing the accident wasn’t paying attention, going too fast or took his eyes off the road for too long. Horrible accidents that makes one wonder what kind of drivers we have here.

Coming out of the Target parking lot is just a lot more comfortable, when one goes to Blue Ravine, makes a right and gets a light and crosses the intersection or turns left as needed.

That parking lot and the traffic, makes it hard to exit, turning left, onto East Bidwell, while watching both lanes of traffic, and darting out when there is time to do so.

It takes longer to wait for that traffic than to hit Blue Ravine and get the light. ;)

#35 carnivore

carnivore

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:cooking, eating, restaurant touring

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

I was at the new Raley's yesterday and checked out the new Strings location, where Fornotino was before, there is a sign in the window that said they will open as Strings on or around Sept. 22nd. It looks as though they are doing some painting etc: I can't wait !! have a great day!!

#36 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

I was at the new Raley's yesterday and checked out the new Strings location, where Fornotino was before, there is a sign in the window that said they will open as Strings on or around Sept. 22nd. It looks as though they are doing some painting etc: I can't wait !! have a great day!!

Thanks for the update..
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#37 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Are they open yet at the new location?
"And the Wind cries Mary"

#38 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Are they open yet at the new location?

drove by last week. nothing yet. Kim? Any ETA??
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#39 carnivore

carnivore

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:cooking, eating, restaurant touring

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Good News !! I stopped by yesterday and spoke to Brian who was cleaning up inside. He gave me a tour of the place and showed me the new menu. He is in hopes of opening early next week, I can't wait. They will have a larger selection of New York (thin crust) pizzas and also their famous lunch menu.. I will keep you posted but you can bet I will be first in line HeHe

#40 Logan

Logan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

As long as they keep spaghetti and meatballs on the menu, I'm good. :D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users