#91 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Apr 21 2006, 03:42 PM) View Post

For those that like lilac- here are a couple pics from mine at the 'office" -- blooms are dark purple and about 6-8 inches long

IPB Image

IPB Image

Not sure if I caught the Black Butterfly in these or not-- but he/she was there..

Going to cut a few today to take home for the weekend....

Cheers
F500

Thanks F500. Oh how I wish I had one here... give me a few years and I'll post my lilac photo.

#92 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

Here is one of several that came home today

IPB Image

#93 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

And here's a shot of the ones that ended up on my doorstop. Thanks Ken, you rock! They make my waaaay too white house come alive.

#94 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:21 PM

Such a nice day today and more color in the garden so thought would take a few pictures of the garden spring of 2006

Full set of today's Pics at :
http://s10.photobuck...500_garden0506/

Here are a couple of them:
IPB Image

IPB Image

#95 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:39 AM

We finally got our lilac bush. It is about 4 ft. tall, and shows signs of growing since it was planted a few weeks ago. On Sunday, June 4, 2006 we went to Capital Nursery on Sunrise Blvd. and purchased a Summer Chocolate Mimosa (Silk) tree, a wisteria vine, and an interesting plant called "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" It has flowers that open deep purple, fade to violet, and then fade to white. At any given time it looks like it produces flowers in three different colors.

The Summer Chocolate tree has brownish burgundy foliage instead of green. It should make a perfect specimen tree to go along with our other varieties.

#96 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

How large is the garden? I'm counting a lot of bridges

#97 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(Selbstbeobachtung @ Jun 7 2006, 06:50 PM) View Post

How large is the garden? I'm counting a lot of bridges

The property is 13,000 sq. ft. or just under 1/3 acre. The front and back are all garden. There are 3 ponds and a waterfall.

#98 marianna

marianna

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(Farley @ Jun 7 2006, 12:39 PM) View Post

We finally got our lilac bush. It is about 4 ft. tall, and shows signs of growing since it was planted a few weeks ago. On Sunday, June 4, 2006 we went to Capital Nursery on Sunrise Blvd. and purchased a Summer Chocolate Mimosa (Silk) tree, a wisteria vine, and an interesting plant called "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" It has flowers that open deep purple, fade to violet, and then fade to white. At any given time it looks like it produces flowers in three different colors.

The Summer Chocolate tree has brownish burgundy foliage instead of green. It should make a perfect specimen tree to go along with our other varieties.

I didn't realize that lilac bushes can grow in this area....always thought it was much too hot. Is it a certain species of lilac that will grow here or just your green thumb?

Your garden is lovely!

#99 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(marianna @ Jun 8 2006, 09:17 AM) View Post

I didn't realize that lilac bushes can grow in this area....always thought it was much too hot. Is it a certain species of lilac that will grow here or just your green thumb?

Your garden is lovely!

Thank you for the compliment. Apparently lilacs do grow here, but they need cold winters to bloom well.

#100 (Cool Breezes)

(Cool Breezes)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

Farley,

Your yard is fantastic! So well done, one would think you had a professional do it! I love your plant choices as well as the placement of them. You and your partner could do landscape consultation, if you wanted too!!!! I called one once and he wanted $1000,00. just to come over and give us his suggestions.
We had to pass on that.

The way you have done your yard, makes it look much bigger than it is.

Very, very nice!!! I just love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users