• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#31 WilliamThurston

WilliamThurston

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Good idea to look up the domain name. Looks like they don't plan to stick around all that long with a 1 year registration. Try to find the parent company, but it sounds to me like Beck's might be going down the same path again. If I were you I'd try to contact the investigator working on the claimmygroceries case and let them know becks just handed you that new voucher.

#32 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (WilliamThurston @ Jul 11 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good idea to look up the domain name. Looks like they don't plan to stick around all that long with a 1 year registration. Try to find the parent company, but it sounds to me like Beck's might be going down the same path again. If I were you I'd try to contact the investigator working on the claimmygroceries case and let them know becks just handed you that new voucher.

Thanks.
The father company according to the coupon Becks gave me now is : MyFreeTravel
http://www.myfreetravel.com/

On the coupon it says that My Free Travel in businees since 1987 and they ranked "A" by BBB:
http://www.bbb.org/c...ago-il-53000910

On the home page of http://www.myfreetravel.com/ they do have ofer for a Grocery Rebates program, however it doesn't say who represents them, so not sure who is who here.
Anyway, ait seems again to be wrong way ...

#33 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

The "new" company has been in business for many years and has a successful track record. I've been using the promotion as well with my businesses and my sales rep. is also replacing each voucher with a new one from this other company, at no charge to me or my customers.

There IS a 9.95 registration fee, but the first Visa card will be 35.00 instead of 25.00. The turnaround time is also 4-5 weeks instead of 12 weeks with the former promotion company.

I'll post updates as I have see them unfold.

#34 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (rda @ Jul 13 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "new" company has been in business for many years and has a successful track record. I've been using the promotion as well with my businesses and my sales rep. is also replacing each voucher with a new one from this other company, at no charge to me or my customers.

There IS a 9.95 registration fee, but the first Visa card will be 35.00 instead of 25.00. The turnaround time is also 4-5 weeks instead of 12 weeks with the former promotion company.

I'll post updates as I have see them unfold.

The "new company: you mean My Free Travel, right? Below are facts and questions,especially now after customers have to trust this voucher :
1)There is many logos printed on front of this voucher and one of them belongs to My Free Travel
2)Ontheir website there is no any link to the new website:
www.ClaimYourVisaCards.com isn't suspicious, is really the same company behind a new voucher?
3) They require to send driver license ID and 9.95$ , the DL is really sensetive information that you give to the company you see first time?Is it common case?
4) If you will google My Free Travel complaints you will see that the same company is fillowing not a nice marketing model.....which makes people angree.
5) You sent 9.95$ and your DL to them and now you will wait 6-10 weeks again, lets see how it works.

Guys, just think why some 3-rd part company will give you 600$ !!!!!
How they can make money exactly?
I just want to make sure the Claimyourgroceries scenario will not happen at least to people who is reading this forum.Believe me I am as you would like to get back my promised value ...But looks like it's not this story...

BTW, dear rda do you remember this post? Are you INSIDE MAN:Jun 4 2009, 04:40 PM Post #9

MyFolsom All Star

Group: Premium Member
Member No.: 3,429

QUOTE (rda @ Jun 4 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a business associate who sells these promotions and I think they're great. I am using them with my business. Beck's gets no kickbacks from the stores. They pay for each certificate and the deal is real. The profit comes from advertisers who have ads that will be stuffed into the envelope each month with your visa card and online when you register. It's free money for simply doing something you're already doing, buying 100.00 worth of groceries a month. The only "catch" is you have to pick your store (any store you want) and each month you spend less than 5 minutes and a .44 stamp and .02 envelope to mail in the receipt. For that, you get 25.00 a month for a year or 2 years or whatever your deal is.....It's not like a 2 for 1 coupon where you have to buy certain items. You can buy anything you want.

If spending 4 minutes and .50 a month to get $25.00 seems like a hassle, then it's a rip-off to you. My clients are very happy to get free money. Some people are just not into coupons. wacko.gif

#35 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

I just want to make sure the Claimyourgroceries scenario will not happen at least to people who is reading this forum.Believe me I am as you would like to get back my promised value ...But looks like it's not this story...

BTW, dear rda do you remember this post? Are you INSIDE MAN:Jun 4 2009, 04:40 PM Post #9

Even with your poor grammar, I think I understand your post. No, I'm not selling the promotions, I simply bought some to use with my company, just like Beck's did. If you don't trust them, stay away. I'm gonna give them a chance to make it right.

And to answer what I think is your question: How do they make money? It's advertising based. The Visa cards will arrive with ads targeted to you based on your purchases and they know not everyone will follow through. I was told that around 10 % of the people who get them even register. This is not much different than "junk" mail. It's all a numbers game. With "junk" mail, a 2 % response is considered a good investment. Time will tell....

#36 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (rda @ Jul 14 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even with your poor grammar, I think I understand your post. No, I'm not selling the promotions, I simply bought some to use with my company, just like Beck's did. If you don't trust them, stay away. I'm gonna give them a chance to make it right.

And to answer what I think is your question: How do they make money? It's advertising based. The Visa cards will arrive with ads targeted to you based on your purchases and they know not everyone will follow through. I was told that around 10 % of the people who get them even register. This is not much different than "junk" mail. It's all a numbers game. With "junk" mail, a 2 % response is considered a good investment. Time will tell....

I am sorry about the grammar, English is my 3-rd language, so it will take time to get it better.
I just suggest you to check whether My Free Travel company is really behind this voucher.
As I've mentioned , on their website there is no any links to the website which appears on the new voucher : www.ClaimYourVisaCards.com and on this website there is no any links or mention of MyFreeTravel.com, so it looks not good as a start.
Also their request to send Driver License copy will allow them to hold sensitive private information on you.
Make sense?

#37 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

huh.gif

#38 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

Yep. ohmy.gif

#39 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (rda @ Jul 14 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. ohmy.gif

wacko.gif now you are sceptical as myself about it, right?

#40 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (WilliamThurston @ Jul 11 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading the info about the company going BK, I added an edit to my post. I was more referencing the original poster though. You may have counted on the vouchers to make the deal worth it, but it sounds like the original poster here had done the research and found the matress was the best deal anywhere, with the vouchers being gravy on top. In that case, Becks screwed up not only with a lame promotion, but also with the fact they didn't need it! They could have sold that matress anyways and had a happy customer rather than one posting this on a high traffic community forum.

You are totally correct. smile.gif

#41 nlove4ever

nlove4ever

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (folsom2008 @ Jul 13 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "new company: you mean My Free Travel, right? Below are facts and questions,especially now after customers have to trust this voucher :
1)There is many logos printed on front of this voucher and one of them belongs to My Free Travel
2)Ontheir website there is no any link to the new website:
www.ClaimYourVisaCards.com isn't suspicious, is really the same company behind a new voucher?
3) They require to send driver license ID and 9.95$ , the DL is really sensetive information that you give to the company you see first time?Is it common case?
4) If you will google My Free Travel complaints you will see that the same company is fillowing not a nice marketing model.....which makes people angree.
5) You sent 9.95$ and your DL to them and now you will wait 6-10 weeks again, lets see how it works.

Guys, just think why some 3-rd part company will give you 600$ !!!!!
How they can make money exactly?

MyFolsom All Star

Group: Premium Member
Member No.: 3,429

Haha, My thoughts exactly!

#42 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

now you are sceptical as myself about it, right?

No. I just prefer to get all the facts on the table before I throw pooh. angry.gif

#43 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

I received my replacement coupons today from this new company, out of Chicago. Same routine, you register online and then start sending in receipts from your favorite grocery store.The turn around time is advertised as 4 weeks.

There is a 9.95 fee to join, but that is refunded with the first Visa card. You must also send in a copy of your driver's license to confirm your address. The license and check must match the home address to where the cards will be sent. This is to avoid muliple registration/fraud. Seems logical to me. I'll blacken out the driver's license # before sending in.

Let's see how this one goes.

#44 folsom2008

folsom2008

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (rda @ Jul 15 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I received my replacement coupons today from this new company, out of Chicago. Same routine, you register online and then start sending in receipts from your favorite grocery store.The turn around time is advertised as 4 weeks.

There is a 9.95 fee to join, but that is refunded with the first Visa card. You must also send in a copy of your driver's license to confirm your address. The license and check must match the home address to where the cards will be sent. This is to avoid muliple registration/fraud. Seems logical to me. I'll blacken out the driver's license # before sending in.

Let's see how this one goes.

Thanks for the update , rda.
Please keep posting the updates once you have any results.
Just to let you know , I've sent multiplied email to MYFREETRAVEL customer service and sales department to confirm CLAIMYOURVISACARDS is their product and they are behind it, but no replies at all,what can I tell you......
Hope it will work for you, I personally going to watch from a side for few monthes with the voucher and want to see people can make it and not to see a new sad story covering another scam and fraud...

#45 rda

rda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

I'm registering my new discount card today and mailing off the check, info tomorrow so my first (35.00) card should arrive around Sept. 15 or before. Since my 1st month starts Aug. 1, I'll get the receipt for 100.00 by the end of the first week and send it in right away.

In related news, I'm also sending my name/ss#/address/bank account #s to a guy in Romania who promises to help me transfer 20,000,000.00 in unclaimed cash to a bank in Phoenix. My cut is 2 %, non taxable. Must be my lucky day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users