#1 carnivore

carnivore

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:cooking, eating, restaurant touring

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

I stopped by and picked up a to-go menu from this new location that just opened in the last few days. While I haven't tried this location out, I just wanted to let you sushi fans know about this new venue. Give it a try and let the forum know your opinion. I will try the Teriyaki out and let you know.

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

I stopped by and picked up a to-go menu from this new location that just opened in the last few days. While I haven't tried this location out, I just wanted to let you sushi fans know about this new venue. Give it a try and let the forum know your opinion. I will try the Teriyaki out and let you know.

Let us know about the Teriyaki. Most restaurants don't make it to my liking. Teriyaki should be marinated and grilled. Too many restaurants now seem to be pouring sauce on the chicken after the chicken is cooked...with a few problems:

1) The sauce typically tastes yucky -- not made from scratch and not good at all.

2) The chicken seems to be boiled or microwaved or prepared in some other bland manner.

I'd rather make it myself.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

What a coincidence!  I was just coming on here to post about this restaurant!  We were headed to Mexiquite for lunch today and we saw the new sign and changed our plans.

It's a casual little spot that is perfect for a quick lunch or early dinner with kids.  The ambiance isn't that much nicer that a Subway.  The staff, all 3 of them, are super nice and really want you to be happy.  The food was good!  It's probably not for purists, but I liked my noodle bowl a lot.  My husband got a rice bowl and it came kind of plain - rice and meat.  You have to ask and pay more for veggies.  All in all we'll be back.

#4 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

How is the sushi? 

#5 carnivore

carnivore

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:cooking, eating, restaurant touring

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

I had lunch there today. It consisted of the Teriyaki Veggie Bowl with Pork and a side of Tempura Shrimp. My readout is that it was very good, the Teriyaki had a sauce on it that was not sweet, thick and cloying on the meat and vegetables. The Tempura Shrimp were very tasty. There were quite a few folks there and I saw many Sushi plates ordered and delivered, give them a try very friendly folks. And yes, I will go back just to try out the different offerings.

#6 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

"I Love Teriyaki" has the best teriyaki in town.  I'll give this place a try though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users