101 replies to this topic

#31 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

I have to admire Sea Ray Owner for not only complaining about a perceived problem, but taking a step to resolve it.

However, newcomers to WS should note that about a year or two ago, code enforcement came to WS and posted notices on boats and RVs that were parked on the street in violation of city ordinances. However, code enforcement will not come out to post a notice on a boat or RV that is parked on private property even though it is a violation of the CC&Rs.

In most cases, the CC&Rs are signed by the builder and buyer. When the builder withdraws its presence, the HOA steps in as a substituted party and provides enforcement of the CC&Rs. We are missing the HOA.

Since Sea Ray Owner feels that each owner has enforcement authority, as a substituted party, pursuant to WS CC&Rs, then people need to get together and contact a lawyer to make a difference - explain to her that the pristine nature of WS is being tarnished by an "unsightly and unsafe" boat; perhaps then, this issue may be laid to rest instead of bringing it up consistently and continually with no proposed resolution.
The 'anonymous' poster has been disabled due to abuse of the account.

#32 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:21 PM

Sea Ray maybe you could start a petition, this helped with another WS neighbor who was parking something against CC&R's. It's not like the unsafe boat folks arn't aware since Sea Ray has sent 3 letters. I just don't think they give a sh_t and probably don't believe someone is going to actually do anything about it. Talking about this if you live in WS in important and it's more personal than Ms.Teaz and piercings

#33 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:25 PM

I'm hoping this subject doesn't come to rest until unsafe boat neighbors either move the boat to storage or better yet move to an area that this is accepted without question madsmiley.png

#34 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(anonymous @ Mar 9 2005, 02:35 PM)
However, code enforcement will not come out to post a notice on a boat or RV that is parked on private property even though it is a violation of the CC&Rs.

View Post

There is an exception to this - a boat, RV, trailer, or even a vehicle that is parked on private property NOT in an enclosed garage, will be cited by Folsom City Code Enforcement if it does not have a current registration.

Any such vehicle not with a current registration tag has to be in an enclosed garage.

#35 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

I'll have to check for tags this weekend. Thanks to Terry who always has good answers. It's another avenue to check on

#36 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:30 PM

Maybe while out walking the babies, I'll have to see if the sidewalk is still blocked with the basketball hoop

#37 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:22 PM

Any updates? This guy sounds like a tool.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#38 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:59 PM

I'd be real interested in seeing how many residents are concerned about boat and RV parking on driveways, and how many are bothered by the Pintail violators? Maybe a poll for WS is in order?

#39 CoachWeise

CoachWeise

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:44 AM

Well first off, I would say that the discussion has been around 1 particular boat, so unless there are more saying the "Pintail Violators" gives the impression that the entire street has problems.

Second, if the boat in the driveway is a safety hazard then I would be worried about it, but if it's just there and it's kept in good order then I don't have a problem with a homeowner keeping a boat in their own driveway.

Coach Weise.

#40 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 12 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

I drove by today, and they had tractors out there to put in a gate to store the boat in the backyard. My that street had some activity this afternoon, particularly in the area around the house w/ the boat.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#41 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

I was glad to see they have broken ground on the boat storage on their side yard. Maybe the BBQ and basketball hoop can so there too? boohoo.gif

#42 Samantha Spade

Samantha Spade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

Now this guy is storing his big rig in front of the house. Some people are unbelievable. I am sure the CHP will take care of this one. This citation is going to hurt.

#43 Cloud9

Cloud9

Hopeless Addict

• Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:13 PM

If you take a drive through the WS neighborhood you can easily spot boats on the street or in driveways - even when the owners have a place to put them into.
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

http://folsomforum.com/

IPB Image

#44 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(anonymous @ Mar 14 2005, 04:10 PM)
I was glad to see they have broken ground on the boat storage on their side yard. Maybe the BBQ and basketball hoop can so there too? boohoo.gif

View Post

It has been there a few days too, I noticed it Thurs., Friday, Sat., didn't check Sun. Is this just to piss off the neighbors?

#45 anonymous

anonymous

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

I noticed Code Enforcement out today citing a few basket ball hoop in the street offenders. I also noticed the big truck gone at unsafe boat folks house.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)