26 replies to this topic

#1 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Family Radio in Oakland has been predicting this coming Saturday is the beginning of the end of the world (christ returns at 6 pm Saturday and then the world is consumed in fire on Oct. 17th). Seriously, they've been saying this. It's been hitting all the news lately and I'm sure you've seen the billboards. They're predicting huge earthquakes, unearthed dead littering the streets. I'm predicting 72 degrees and overcast skies and some pretty cool post-rapture parties for those of us who weren't saved. :)

what would you provide for the perfect post-rapture left-behinders party and do they carry it at Costco?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Do you know if that is 6pm PST or some other reference, presumably GMT? I don't want to miss anything by assuming the wrong time zone. Also, does anyone know any good Ferrari driving Christians in town? I figure I might as well have some fun with the goods that are left behind between May 21 and Oct 27.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

For $200.00 (Paid in full prior) I will adopt your pets should they be left behind. Kinda mirrors the article in the Bee, but hey....I'm local.

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

I think that the Credit Card company is behind all of this.
They want everyone to max out their cards prior to that date.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

It's just another radio show hoax to get more suckers, I mean listeners.

Although earthquakes and zombie attacks would be fun!

Posted Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

Yawnnnnnn......Harold Camping is a total kook & a false "prophet". This isn't the first time he has made predictions like this & he was wrong the last 3-4 times. This time will be no different. Too bad they didn't stone him the first time he was caught in a lie (just like then did during old testament times). If he really believed this to be true, why would he continue to solicit donations on his station?? duh... :rolleyes:

Hey SacKen, I don't know any christians with ferrari's, but I've got a RAV...I know, not nearly as exciting. It's got a sunroof, you can hang out of the top....

#7 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

You're welcome to the use of our pool.

Hmm.. I might be assuming too much. Alternatively, I'll be bringing guacamole and margaritas. :cheer:

Also?

However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. Mark 13:32.

So, no matter who these types of people think they know or how much they claim to study the bible and whatever else they say they do to get their information, they will never, ever, ever be right.

And how hard would it be for God to change His plans up a little? "Well I was going to come back on Saturday, but Harold is being a smartass again, so now? Not so much."

Thanks for ruining it again Harold. Way to be a team player.

#8 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

You're welcome to the use of our pool.

Hmm.. I might be assuming too much. Alternatively, I'll be bringing guacamole and margaritas. :cheer:

Also?

However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. Mark 13:32.

So, no matter who these types of people think they know or how much they claim to study the bible and whatever else they say they do to get their information, they will never, ever, ever be right.

And how hard would it be for God to change His plans up a little? "Well I was going to come back on Saturday, but Harold is being a smartass again, so now? Not so much."

Thanks for ruining it again Harold. Way to be a team player.

Hey there, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!
Where have all the flowers gone?
Posted Image

#9 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

I recall a parable about a convict who is sentenced by the judge to hang, "...in the next seven days." He tells the judge he's confident he can't actually be hanged after that, because he knows that "No man may know the hour, etcetera." So he's pretty shocked and dismayed on the seventh day when they haul him out of his cell and hang him. The lesson being that you cannot avoid your doom on a technicality.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#10 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

Dang, only a few more days left, it's time to party!!!

#11 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

http://www.facebook....121968371215699 in case your are interested :cheer: :2thumbsup:

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#12 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121968371215699 in case your are interested :cheer: :2thumbsup:

There's a bunch of rapid anti-christians on that site !!

#13 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

For you listening pleasure :D:

May 21st Doomsday Songs: 21 Songs For The Impending Apocalypse (VIDEOS)
The Huffington Post | Dean Praetorius

http://www.huffingto...y_1812_Overture

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

For you listening pleasure :D:

May 21st Doomsday Songs: 21 Songs For The Impending Apocalypse (VIDEOS)
The Huffington Post | Dean Praetorius

http://www.huffingto...y_1812_Overture

Here are my favorite apocalypse songs (meant to post these a few days ago)

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

There's a bunch of rapid anti-christians on that site !!

As opposed to lackadaisical anti-Christians?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users