#1 bmwonly

bmwonly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle riding, Fishing

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Is anyone else experiencing extremely long delays for a green light to turn left out of the Palladio onto Bidwell? It is especially annoying when sitting on a motorcycle in 90 degree weather. I thought we would get lucky last time when someone got into the left turn lane to turn into the Palladio, but nooooooooo, it stopped southbound traffic for them to turn, then went back to green for southbound while we continued to wait.
The main problem with retirement is I don't have anything to do so I never know when I'm done!!

#2 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thank goodness for the long delay, it's ALREADY a hassle to get to the freeway!!
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#3 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thank goodness for the long delay, it's ALREADY a hassle to get to the freeway!!

Yep....I miss those days when Oak Ave was the end of town and East Bidwell was a 55mph 2 lane road from Oak Ave to the Freeway. I rarely go down E. Bidwell because it is such a cluster. Light after light after light after light.......

#4 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Bidwell is a three lane thoroughfare which moves a lot of traffic. Wouldn't it be even more annoying if ALL that traffic on Bidwell had to stop everytime a single car (or motorcycle in your case) wanted to leave the Palladio?? Think about it... The delay is intentional.

Folsom needs to consider doing the same thing along Auburn-Folsom Rd. between the bridge and Hwy50. Its annoying traveling down that road at 50MPH only to have to come to a screaching halt as soon as a car pulls up to a lightly used cross street. Let em wait...

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

In honor of Terry, there is only one signal light on Bidwell Street at the intersection with Folsom Blvd.

Oh, and the end of town was at Wales, not Oak Avenue Parkway. Newbies :P

#6 bmwonly

bmwonly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle riding, Fishing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

I can see your point, I guess I'll just start going out the back way to Broadstone Pkwy or Iron Point to Bidwell.

Bidwell is a three lane thoroughfare which moves a lot of traffic. Wouldn't it be even more annoying if ALL that traffic on Bidwell had to stop everytime a single car (or motorcycle in your case) wanted to leave the Palladio?? Think about it... The delay is intentional.

Folsom needs to consider doing the same thing along Auburn-Folsom Rd. between the bridge and Hwy50. Its annoying traveling down that road at 50MPH only to have to come to a screaching halt as soon as a car pulls up to a lightly used cross street. Let em wait...

The main problem with retirement is I don't have anything to do so I never know when I'm done!!

#7 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

In honor of Terry, there is only one signal light on Bidwell Street at the intersection with Folsom Blvd.

Oh, and the end of town was at Wales, not Oak Avenue Parkway. Newbies :P

Beat me to it! I would have said Blue Ravine, but that would have still left me a "newbie" by your standards.

The lights along E. Bidwell are "maxed out" for green time on E. Bidwell as others have noted. But it is possible that the new signal is not detecting your motorcycle, too. It should; it's the law for new signals such as this one (they need to detect bicycles, too).

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

If the sensor wasn't picking up your bike, try coming to a stop on the left or right edge of the loop.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users