52 replies to this topic

#46 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

Also, since there will be a joint use library at Vista del Lago, there will be a public parking lot in the rear near the library entrance.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#47 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Sep 18 2005, 03:37 PM)
Also, since there will be a joint use library at Vista del Lago, there will be a public parking lot in the rear near the library entrance.

View Post

And I'll bet high schoolers will take all the parking leaving private citizens to walk a long way to get to the library.

I've never been in favor of joint use for a lot of reasons, this one being one of the minor ones.

#48 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(cynthiadhall @ Sep 18 2005, 10:34 AM)
Just for you all to know.....
i graduated FHS last year and the reason they park in the neighboorhood is because its close to their class and they dont have to fight traffic and being late for class looking for a parking spot.

View Post

I just love when students complain about proximity to classes. You never hear them complaining about the walk at the mall boohoo.gif . Secondly, what a shock it'll be when they get to college! I still remember the walk from overflow parking at CSUS to the opposite end of campus. I knew I had to plan on at least a 15 minute (1 mile) walk if you wanted to be on time. Just look at the Intel parking lot; some of those folks have to walk a ways!

PS. Sorry Cynthia...I know you weren't complaining. Your comment just got me riled smile.gif My comments aren't directed at you.

#49 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Sep 18 2005, 05:25 PM)
And I'll bet high schoolers will take all the parking leaving private citizens to walk a long way to get to the library. 

I've never been in favor of joint use for a lot of reasons, this one being one of the minor ones.

View Post

I doubt it. The students don't use up Visitor and Staff spots currently. The public parking spots will simply need to be marked and enforced.

If you're not in favor of joint use, you always have another library site to go to.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#50 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:26 PM

Please note that this topic (student drop off a the high school) is on Thursday's Traffic Safety Committee agenda, item 6. Here's the link: http://www.folsom.ca...ex.asp?page=163 (you need to scroll down a bit to find it).

#51 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:15 PM

tony:

Will you please inform us of the outcome of the TSC discussion on this matter? Thanks.

#52 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Sep 18 2005, 06:32 PM)
I doubt it.  The students don't use up Visitor and Staff spots currently.  The public parking spots will simply need to be marked and enforced. 

If you're not in favor of joint use, you always have another library site to go to.

View Post

Actually, it has been a problem and the police have been told to write up citations.
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#53 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

I always find a visitor spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users