15 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

Hey Everyone!

Happy Friday! Looks like a great weekend ahead - should be good weather, perfect for being outdoors!

There's so much to do around here....

I enjoy riding my motorcycle around Salmon Falls Road and hwy 49 a lot and I also enjoy taking my kayaks down to Negro Bar with my son where we paddle around the river - its awesome out there.

One thing I really like about this town is that there's so many bike trails - its fun to just ride for miles with no destination plan other then just following the trail.

...and of course after a day of fun outside its nice to have a backyard bbq with the family.

What do you all do for fun outdoors?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#2 YabYum

YabYum

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Jun 3 2005, 10:59 AM)
Hey Everyone!

Happy Friday!  Looks like a great weekend ahead - should be good weather, perfect for being outdoors!

There's so much to do around here....

I enjoy riding my motorcycle around Salmon Falls Road and hwy 49 a lot and I also enjoy taking my kayaks down to Negro Bar with my son where we paddle around the river - its awesome out there.

One thing I really like about this town is that there's so many bike trails - its fun to just ride for miles with no destination plan other then just following the trail.

...and of course after a day of fun outside its nice to have a backyard bbq with the family.

What do you all do for fun outdoors?

View Post

i do a lot of biking around Lake Natoma, and all the trails that run through town. i also try to get out and find new hikes all the time. last weekend we went up near Coloma and hiked down to a trail that was about 2 miles round trip. we were able to watch the SWOLLEN river race by, and do some exploring. we do a lot of hiking and camping in the summers. my two favorite spots: one is about 20 miles north of Jenner (along the coast), and the other is up in the mountains near Camp Spaulding/Emigrant Gap in the Sierra's. smile.gif

#3 doug72

doug72

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

You know, the backyard BBQ deal is my favorite....after a long day of rancor at the Capitol, I love to BBQ, swim, and relax....and oh yeah, an ice cold beer never hurt either....

smile.gif

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

Drunkfloats! Floating down from Sunrise to Bradshaw on a cheap-o costco raft with good friends and a cooler full of beer!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 Cloud9

Cloud9

Hopeless Addict

• Member*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,000 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE(doug72 @ Jun 3 2005, 11:09 AM)
an ice cold beer never hurt either....

smile.gif

View Post

And the winning beer is......? smile.gif
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

http://folsomforum.com/

IPB Image

#6 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Cloud9 @ Jun 3 2005, 01:34 PM)
And the winning beer is......?  smile.gif

View Post

I do not take sides and pick favorites, I am polyamorbeerus, I love all beers equally!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#7 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:37 PM

I run, therefore I am...

--Shazam
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#8 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

The cycling around Folsom is incredible...either on the numerous trails in and around town, or on the roads to the northwest/northeast of here. I ride less than an hour away and I'm out in the middle of nowhere.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#9 doug72

doug72

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Cloud9 @ Jun 3 2005, 12:34 PM)
And the winning beer is......?  smile.gif

View Post

Since going to New Zealand, I've been hooked on Steinlager...what a great beer, a little pricey, but worth it....smile.gif

#10 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Jun 3 2005, 12:37 PM)
I run, therefore I am...

--Shazam

View Post

Do you know of any group runs in or around Folsom?
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#11 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Jun 3 2005, 12:47 PM)
Do you know of any group runs in or around Folsom?

View Post

I do not, however I believe Stevethedad was trying to coordinate one for fellow Myfolsomites. I would be interested in participating as well.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#12 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(nhardy @ Jun 3 2005, 01:50 PM)
I do not, however I believe Stevethedad was trying to coordinate one for fellow Myfolsomites. I would be interested in participating as well.

View Post

I'm interested as well. Steve and I did a run a while back.

#13 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

I like to go geocaching for an outdoor sport. It takes me to all the little nooks and crannies of Folsom (and outlying areas) I might otherwise never go to. MyFolsom even has a sponsored cache (but I haven't been to it yet). Check it out at www.geocaching.com

#14 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Jun 5 2005, 08:18 AM)
I like to go geocaching for an outdoor sport.  It takes me to all the little nooks and crannies of Folsom (and outlying areas) I might otherwise never go to.  MyFolsom even has a sponsored cache (but I haven't been to it yet).  Check it out at www.geocaching.com

View Post

I've heard it's a lot of fun and a great family activity. Besides picking up the GPS, it's cheap fun as well.

Where are some good picnic spots in and around Folsom? I already know about Livermore Park and City Park. Are there any hidden gems when it comes to a picnic?
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#15 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Jun 5 2005, 09:18 AM)
I like to go geocaching for an outdoor sport.  It takes me to all the little nooks and crannies of Folsom (and outlying areas) I might otherwise never go to.  MyFolsom even has a sponsored cache (but I haven't been to it yet).  Check it out at www.geocaching.com

View Post

Yeah! Geocaching! Great family activity, gets you to see spots of Folsom you've never seen before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users