4 replies to this topic

#1 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 04:40 PM

Now that the Dam Road is closed, how did everyone fare traffic-wise... business as usual? Did you take an alternate route? How did that go?

I myself have not noticed a difference but I seldom had to cross the river.
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

#2 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 03 March 2003 - 10:26 PM

Yes, I noticed the difference as well.

Natoma Street less crowded. Driving to Ralphs, Rice Express & Block Buster was soooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer. Less traffic.

I'm quite happy with the less cars on that road.

The difference was quite nice actually. waterskiing.gif
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#3 Folsom Phillip

Folsom Phillip

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 09:12 PM

It's actually not so bad. The Lake Natoma bridge was a bit backed up, but it usually is during communte hours. So far so good!
Go Kings!

#4 bettyemahan

bettyemahan

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:04 AM

Folsom-Auburn Road is very bad. It backs up both ways in the afternoon commute, well past Oak Avenue from the bridges and Oak Avenue coming to Folsom-Auburm must back up badly in the morning.

The alternate to Riley, to the Rainbow bridge out of town------Natoma, Coloma, Sutter, Scott-----is a parking lot.

If there was a bridge at Oak Ave, Folsom Auburn would be even worse. Hopefully, the bridge to replace the dam will get in the works soon. How people even leave their driveways along these routes must be a nightmare.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:30 PM

Folsom-Auburn is pretty bad. I got stuck in it yesterday while driving to Roseville. It was even worse for those who were turning left on Oak - that traffic really backed up. Oak needs to be 4 lanes, all the way through, and with a connecting bridge... that would make the most sense, though I'm sure some residents would disagree! unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users