3 replies to this topic

#1 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:46 PM

Now that the new bridges are up, it is painfully obvious about all the graffiti on the Rainbow Bridge...

does anyone else think this bridge needs a facelift? I saw a picture the other day of the bridge when it was brand new and it was so beautiful... I wish there was a group of citizens who could take on restoring the bridge. It wouldn't take more than some paint and a pressure washer.
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#2 Steve

Steve

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (jake @ Nov 21 2002, 01:46 PM)
Now that the new bridges are up, it is painfully obvious about all the graffiti on the Rainbow Bridge...

does anyone else think this bridge needs a facelift? I saw a picture the other day of the bridge when it was brand new and it was so beautiful... I wish there was a group of citizens who could take on restoring the bridge. It wouldn't take more than some paint and a pressure washer.

Take the lead and start such a group. Your community will appreciate it. Far too many refuse to get involved in being part of a solution but simply sit back and wait for others to solve a problem for them.

#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:04 AM

My solution: Install video surveillance. The time it takes to climb out to start spray painting should give the police plenty of time to catch the taggers.

#4 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:09 AM

If you start a group, you may be able to get volunteers from the high school. They have to do community service every year.

I think this would be a wonderful thing for them to get involved with since some of their peers "may" be involved in the vandalism. wink.gif Some kids love to paint!

My son is looking for something to do for community service and I certainly would suggest him joining such a group and he may be able to get some friends to join too.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users