camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:34 AM

Check out the schedule:

http://www.military....?ESRC=navy-a.nl

Blue Angels Announce 60th Anniversary Show Schedule
Navy News | December 02, 2005
NAVAL AIR STATION PENSACOLA, Fla. - The Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, announced their schedule for the 2006 show season Dec. 1.

Following winter training, the team will begin its 60th season at Naval Air Facility El Centro, Calif., March 11, 2006. The season will conclude Nov. 11 at Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla.

The Blue Angels are scheduled to perform 70 demonstrations at 36 air show sites throughout the United States, Canada and the Netherlands during the 2006 season.

Demonstration sites are selected in support of the objectives of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and the Department of Defense. Performances greatly assist Navy and Marine Corps recruiting and retention goals, enhance esprit de corps among uniformed men and women, and demonstrate the professional skills and capabilities of the armed forces to the American public.

“The Blue Angels are fired up and ready for a safe and exhilarating 60th anniversary show season,” said Cmdr. Steve Foley, Blue Angels flight leader and commanding officer.

“While we wanted to perform at every air show site, we have a limited number of available performance dates each season," Foley added. "Every venue that requested to host the Blue Angels received the Navy’s utmost consideration.”

Although the following dates have been approved, they are subject to change. For the most updated schedule information, log on to www.blueangels.navy.mil.

The 2006 Blue Angels’ are scheduled to perform at the following locations:

March
11: Naval Air Facility (NAF) El Centro, Calif.
18-19: Sacramento, Calif.
25-26: Tampa, Fla.

April
1-2: Naval Air Station (NAS) Kingsville, Texas
8: Charleston Air Force Base (AFB), S.C.
22-23: Louisville, Ky.
29-30: NAS Atlanta, Ga.

May
5-6: Fort Lauderdale, Fa.
13-14: NAS Fort Worth, Texas
19-21: Andrews AFB, Md.
24: U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
26: U.S. Naval Academy Graduation Flyover, Annapolis, Md.
27-28: Jones Beach, N.Y.

June
3-4: Davenport, Iowa
10-11: Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
16-17: Leeuwarden Air Base, The Netherlands
24-25: Barnes Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Westfield, Mass.

July
1-2: Traverse City, Mich.
8-9: Pittsburgh, Pa.
15-16: Pensacola Beach, Fla.
22-23: Sioux Falls, S.D.
29-30: Dayton, Ohio

August
4-6: Seattle, Wash.
12-13: Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
18-20: Chicago, Ill.

September
2-4: Cleveland, Ohio
9-10: NAS Oceana, Va.
16-17: Kansas City, Kan.
23-24: Lincoln, Neb.
30: Nantucket, Mass.

October
1: Nantucket, Mass.
7-8: San Francisco, Calif.
14-15: Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar, Calif.
21-22: Goodyear, Ariz.
28-29: NAS Jacksonville, Fla.

November
4-5: Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10-11: NAS Pensacola, Fla.

For more information, contact the Blue Angels Public Affairs Office at (850) 452-3955 or bapao@navy.mil.

----------

NOTE::
I think that the show on 18 and 19 March (Sacramento, CA) might be at Mather AFB.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:37 AM

Thats great news! thanks for the post - I look forward to seeing them again.

Used to see them fly and practice around the El Toro base before it was closed. I worked so close that the planes were flying low enough overhead to see the pilots - what a blast it is watching those guys flying that awesome machinery (I'm a former Rockwell worker so I have a found appreciation of jets and such)

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:41 AM

I say them a few times while in the Navy and saw them twice at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA. I worked for Lockheed Martin at the time.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:02 PM

I've seen them in SF a few times for Fleet Week. They are AWESOME!

#5 Kevin_F

Kevin_F

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:27 PM

They're definately coming to Mather Airport next March. I don't know if anyone remembers, but the Chamber of Commerce in Rancho Cordova arranged a static aircraft display this year that saw about 1000 visitors and showcased a B-52 as well as several other aircraft. Well, this year they're going all out and having a full airshow -- including the Blue Angels!!! (The chamber was at the City Council meeting for Rancho last monday telling the City about it). Should be very cool.

There's a good story from the Bee here: Sac Bee - Saturday December 3, 2005

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:31 AM

This one posted on 8 December 2005.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users