Photo

Iphone5 - Who's Going To Run Out And Buy One?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

Trying to get a sense of how many are jumping on the bandwagon this time around?

For me the answer is no. I was a Iphone user for 2 years and do not have any real complaints other than I wanted something with a larger screen so I recently made the switch to Android (HTC One X) and couldn't be happier.

#2 newday

newday

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

My daughter is asking for one for her 21st birthday this month. Can anyone tell me what the iphone 5 has over my samsung galaxy sII? It already has the larger screen and slimmer size that Apple is promising from the 5. I love the SII and the SIII sounds even better.

#3 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

My daughter is asking for one for her 21st birthday this month. Can anyone tell me what the iphone 5 has over my samsung galaxy sII? It already has the larger screen and slimmer size that Apple is promising from the 5. I love the SII and the SIII sounds even better.

The name and a higher price tag of course. Early reports are that the IPhone5 is only getting a 4.0" screen which is still small compared to where comp is now. Samsung GS3 and HTC one X are 4.7" screens.

#4 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Not me. I'm happy with my iP4. I don't need an upgraded version every year.

OTOH, I might be willing to consider the new smaller iPad (I have the regular size already & love it). I was looking at the new Kindle Fire's last night, but.....I have the mid-range Kindle, and it's been in the drawer since I bought it....lousy, slow technology compared to Apple.

#5 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

We probably will in a few weeks or a maybe a few months. Our 3GS isn't really cutting it anymore.

#6 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

My teen daughter and a lot of her friends have been waiting to buy the 4S when the 5 came out. They're more interested in the lower price! The only appeal the 5 holds over the others is longer battery life. The 4 and 4s batteries suck.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#7 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'll be ditching my 4s for the 5. No reason not to as I've done it with every other iPhone release. 64gb 5!

#8 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm not going to "run out" and buy one, but I will be getting the 5 within the next few months.

#9 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I have the iPhone 4 so I'll be asking for the iPhone 5 for my birthday. I just spent close to $500 on the care of my cat that died on Friday so I don't have any extra money for a while. :(

#10 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Im hoping the camera is going to be pretty good. Looks like it will. Its a lot easier to take the phone out and snap a picture than to lug around the big Nikon.

#11 Computer Repair Sacramento

Computer Repair Sacramento

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

On September 12th, Apple is holding an event that announces “It’s almost here” and features a prominent iPhone 5. Many people have speculated on what this means, most coming to the conclusion that the computer giant is about to release the fifth iteration of their incredibly popular iPhone. If announced on the 12th, chances are that the phone will become available in stores on the 21st of September. Analysts are already predicting that Apple will sell ten million of the devices in the first week. So what’s the big deal all about? Here we’ve collected the best of the speculation – what is most likely to be released on September 12, although Apple has been infamous for keeping details pretty locked down and quelling any significant rumors.

MOD CUT: deleted ad. caligirlz

#12 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

My teen daughter and a lot of her friends have been waiting to buy the 4S when the 5 came out. They're more interested in the lower price! The only appeal the 5 holds over the others is longer battery life. The 4 and 4s batteries suck.

Battery life on every iphone has sucked. Once I got 10 hours on my 4S, I thought it was a miracle.

#13 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

On September 12th, Apple is holding an event that announces “It’s almost here” and features a prominent iPhone 5. Many people have speculated on what this means, most coming to the conclusion that the computer giant is about to release the fifth iteration of their incredibly popular iPhone. If announced on the 12th, chances are that the phone will become available in stores on the 21st of September. Analysts are already predicting that Apple will sell ten million of the devices in the first week. So what’s the big deal all about? Here we’ve collected the best of the speculation – what is most likely to be released on September 12, although Apple has been infamous for keeping details pretty locked down and quelling any significant rumors.

If you want to advertise on myfolsom, please read this: http://www.myfolsom.com/about/advertise-on-myfolsom-com/

#14 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Android Platform is so much more open than iPhone.

Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone5 by a long shot - Screen / CPU / App Market / "Google Now", Google "My Tracks", on and on...

iPhone5 competes with Android phones from about 1-2 years ago. 4 Inch Screen is an upgrade? That's a downgrade from current Android phones...

Apple iPhone Customers YouTube :)

"Google Now" is simply awesome.

#15 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Android Platform is so much more open than iPhone.

Samsung Galaxy S3 > iPhone5 by a long shot - Screen / CPU / App Market / "Google Now", Google "My Tracks", on and on...

iPhone5 competes with Android phones from about 1-2 years ago. 4 Inch Screen is an upgrade? That's a downgrade from current Android phones...

Apple iPhone Customers YouTube :)

"Google Now" is simply awesome.

That's really all a matter of perspective and opinion. I think the S3 is way too big. I wouldnt want to lug around something that large.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users