• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:45 AM

If anyone didn't know (which I didn't until this morning), both the Junior Bulldogs and the Folsom Vista Jr. Eagles are using Livermore Park as their home fields. This means there are 10 weekends of football games at Livermore Park instead of the usual five. Ouch!

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#2 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Aug 24 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone didn't know (which I didn't until this morning), both the Junior Bulldogs and the Folsom Vista Jr. Eagles are using Livermore Park as their home fields. This means there are 10 weekends of football games at Livermore Park instead of the usual five. Ouch!

The games are fun and the facility is great, but I'm glad I don't live on Carter Street.

#3 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Aug 24 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And SPEAKING of the Jr. Bulldogs...

http://www.grayfamilyfilms.com/

It's actually pretty sad that the Jr. Eagles have to use Livermore Park when Vista del Lago has a great field at the high school. Which, the high school team can't use either, so they have to play at Folsom High as well.

#4 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, traffic and parking can be a hassle, but not too bad except Carter Streets (I hope)... Of course, it all depends on what else is going on at Livermore (Soccer?)...

I hope most of the people parking in the neighborhoods are at least courteous. We have seen some litter (not too bad though), and I even had people blocking my driveway (only left about 4 feet unblocked at my "RV" driveway). Ironically, the car's owner said she didn't realize it was a driveway, despite a truck parked there, not more than 10 feet from her car... She's lucky the police hadn't arrived yet... Ironic, as the parking lots weren't quite full either...

One thing that does P.O. me, is that its a public park, I have no real interest in watching football, yet well into the second half of the last game of the day (last Fall), I was told I need to PAY to enter the field area... WTF??? Isn't it a public park? I had my 5 year-old that just wanted to see what was going on (we could see from the "street", but I figured it would be a better view up close... And I am sure we wouldn't be there more than 5 minutes anyway (the kids would be bored quickly)... To be fair, the lady said that it would be "free" for the last 15+ minutes or something like that (I wasn't going to wait)...

#5 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Wow,

EVERY Saturday, August 29th through October 24th... And then maybe playoffs too...

#6 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

From what I have seen this and experienced first hand, Vista Del Lago has been a much better neighbor so far. They actually seem to respect the neighbors and the neighborhood, as opposed to the Bulldog supporters, many of whom live in Willow Springs and Prairie Oaks, who seem to have no regard for traffic laws or parking laws. Thanks also for the trash in the yards and not watching your kids.

To the guy in the silver Mercedes who I had to remind this morning not to park right on the corner blocking access for parents with strollers, potentially the handicapped but just about anyone out to enjoy a walk, where is your common sense? Yes, I am going to be the one busting them out all day since that is how too many of them act. Did that extra 30 feet hurt your 40-year old knees? No, I didn't think so.

#7 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Oct 10 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I have seen this and experienced first hand, Vista Del Lago has been a much better neighbor so far.

Awesome, so if it makes the neighbors feel better I would be more then happy to go to Vista HS for the Jr. Bulldog games!! (Someone should be using that field!!)

P.S. Kids are kids regardless of where they are from. They do stupid stuff when they aren't supervised and thats the fault of the parents...and there are a few bad apples in every crowd. Second, the fact that you KNOW where most of the "trouble" lives is amazing! Many of the players walk or ride their bikes to practice, so they are your neighbors. Seems as if you bought a house next to a football field, with lights and a PA system, with "bad" kids in the neighborhood and are upset now that they are there?

Sorry for the rant. I/we/my family are sympathetic to the inconvenience it must be (heck, I want to pull my hair out when they have a yard sale once a year in our neighborhood!) and the patience that the neighbors must exercise. But football and cheer for both programs is a huge asset to the kids of the community and I hate to see generalizations dismiss all of the good these programs do. As with any other group, it one takes one to give a black eye and (I believe) that everyone does their best to keep the disruption to the neighbors to a minimum. Again, thanks for the patience.

#8 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (awood @ Oct 10 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome, so if it makes the neighbors feel better I would be more then happy to go to Vista HS for the Jr. Bulldog games!! (Someone should be using that field!!)

Seems as if you bought a house next to a football field, with lights and a PA system, with "bad" kids in the neighborhood and are upset now that they are there?

Sorry for the rant. Again, thanks for the patience.

No, I knew what I was in for as far as the games go. It is strange odd, though, that the neighbors don't see the same frustrations with Vista games thus far... or soccer tournaments... or lacrosse tournaments. It is only for a set amount of Saturdays in the fall, and the lights have NEVER bugged us. Other than game days, we love the field.

We also realize that most are good, but there are just so many that are inconsiderate that it's more than just a small minority.

By the way, it would be great if that Vista field was used as it is so nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users