• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 HiC

HiC

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian who loves basketball, golf and baseball (go Giants).

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

We like Felipe's. You gotta try their verde chimichanga - lots of meat, cheese and jalapenos (guacamole also included). They also have some of the best salsa to go with their chips. Service is friendly and the waiter we typically get knows what we want and how we want it before we even order.

Like Maxine, when we're in a crunch for time, we hit La Fiesta.

#32 proudmama

proudmama

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

I agree. We've never been disappointed with Felipe's. Great food AND service.

Hubby and I went to Felipe's last night and was very happy with the food and the service.

I think their chips and salsa is the best around. Their prices are very reasonable and the portions are generous. I couldn't eat all my dinner and took about a third of it home.

It's an out of the way restaurant that is far under rated, in my opinion. It's at 1760 Prairie City Road. One must turn into a shopping center to get to it.

For traditional Mexican food, that's where we always head....great food, nice atmosphere, and clean. Give it a try if you want a calm atmosphere and relaxing dinner or lunch, away from the maddening crowd.

For those who are wondering, NO, I don't work there.

#33 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

If you are heading to the Bay Area, Mr. Taco in Dixon is good and authentic.

#34 ralphm

ralphm

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

I have to second La Placita. In my view, head and shoulders above all the rest if you want inexpensive, authentic and sabrosa Mexican food.

#35 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

La Fiesta - I am going there for lunch today.

#36 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

We've always been big fans of La Fiesta, but having eaten at El Rincon several times now I have to say the chicken and steak are waaaaaaaaay better -- better seasoning and always tender (not dried out). I also like that on the Fajita Plate El Rincon serves a sizable portion of sauteed vegetables that include onions, a few kinds of bell pepper, and zucchini (often green and yellow). Because I'm watching carbs and have to avoid the tortillas and rice I appreciate that the veggies are pretty much a side dish and not a small condiment. The customer service is excellent and the price is right, too.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#37 FolsomMom50

FolsomMom50

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

We tried Felipe's for the first time on Mother's Day. Loved it! We've been back since then. Service is outstanding and food is great. Prices are friendly. It's my favorite Mexican food in Folsom.

#38 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

I'll have to give the place a try. I wasn't thrilled with my burrito at LaFiesta last time. The meat wasn't nearly as juicy and flavorful as Dos Coyotes.

We tried Felipe's for the first time on Mother's Day. Loved it! We've been back since then. Service is outstanding and food is great. Prices are friendly. It's my favorite Mexican food in Folsom.

#39 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

I don't get the fascination with La Fiesta. I've tried it and, while it was ok, I didn't think it was that impressive. The food was rather bland and greasy. Good if I end up there, but nothing I would crave or seek out. I'll have to give El Rincon and Felipes a try.

I just haven't been all that successful in finding a good place in Folsom. I grew up eating great places in South Sac and downtown and loved La Mision on Florin Rd. Its sister in Folsom, Sol Azteca, was really good when we first moved here, but has definitely slipped in the last 5 years or so. Ever since Dave stopped actively running the place and left it to his son(s).
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#40 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

I ate at El Rincon last week, it was delicious. I had the chicken fajita bowl & thought the (chicken, peppers, squash, onions, salsa & guacomale) flavors blended perfectly. I was also impressed with the tasty, lightly salted chips and chunky salsa.

Now that it's winter, I'm looking for some Albondigas soup. Does anyone know where this is served? El Rincon did not have it on their menu.

#41 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

Now that it's winter, I'm looking for some Albondigas soup. Does anyone know where this is served? El Rincon did not have it on their menu.

Did you ask at El Rincon whether they ever serve it? Their menu indicates they serve a soup of the day. I don't know what kinds of soup they have or whether they serve certain kinds with any regularity. It's worth asking if you didn't.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#42 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Did you ask at El Rincon whether they ever serve it? Their menu indicates they serve a soup of the day. I don't know what kinds of soup they have or whether they serve certain kinds with any regularity. It's worth asking if you didn't.

I don't recall their menu saying they served a "soup of the day" (probably cuz I was having a hard time reading it due to the colors & the small font). I only remember seeing Tortilla Soup listed.

#43 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Now that it's winter, I'm looking for some Albondigas soup.

I see it is on Felipe's menu, and since they have been recommended several times, that's my next Mexican place to try out. :)

#44 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

I don't recall their menu saying they served a "soup of the day" (probably cuz I was having a hard time reading it due to the colors & the small font). I only remember seeing Tortilla Soup listed.

Hm, their online menu says they serve a soup of the day. I'll ask the next time we go in.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#45 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

I ate at El Rincon last week, it was delicious. I had the chicken fajita bowl & thought the (chicken, peppers, squash, onions, salsa & guacomale) flavors blended perfectly. I was also impressed with the tasty, lightly salted chips and chunky salsa.

Try Casa Ramos, they have it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users