- - - - -

Food Trucks In Folsom

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the info on GoFoodMob! I didn't realize there were competing gangs and the trucks had to claim a set to be part of an event. I always wondered why some trucks I see around are never part of the SactoMoFo events!

BTW, tried Krush Burger for the first time at Green Acres last week. Pretty good. Those sweet potato tots were freakin' awesome.

EDIT: their Facebook thing is actually "SacFoodMob"

https://www.facebook.com/SacFoodMob

http://gofoodmob.com/

#32 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

While not in Folsom today (that I know of), 5 trucks from the FoodMob "gang" will be off of Prospect and White Rock Rd (2 blocks from Costco) today. Go west on White Rock from Costco and it will be on the left.

#33 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

While not in Folsom today (that I know of), 5 trucks from the FoodMob "gang" will be off of Prospect and White Rock Rd (2 blocks from Costco) today. Go west on White Rock from Costco and it will be on the left.

Cool thanks for posting that! I haven't tried any local food trucks here yet and want to check that out. Also tonight there is a food truck called Papa Dale's Drivin' Diner that will be at the old Lockdown brewery (11327 Trade Ctr Dr) from 5-8p

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#34 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Don't we have enough restaurants in Folsom without needing to go to a food truck?

Food trucks are fine, but don't they normally go around to work areas that are not close to places to eat.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#35 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Don't we have enough restaurants in Folsom without needing to go to a food truck?

Food trucks are fine, but don't they normally go around to work areas that are not close to places to eat.

We can always use some new interesting food options in Folsom, even if just temporary.

I don't think Food trucks are allowed to park near restaurants. For the most part they are usually in areas where restaurants aren't located. I've seen them mostly at business locations, like parked next to a corporate business building or construction site.

When I was working in LA earlier this year at Sony Pictures there were several food trucks that came regularly to the studio and they got tons of business. It's a pretty cool concept and some of those trucks serve very outstanding food.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#36 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Cool thanks for posting that! I haven't tried any local food trucks here yet and want to check that out. Also tonight there is a food truck called Papa Dale's Drivin' Diner that will be at the old Lockdown brewery (11327 Trade Ctr Dr) from 5-8p

They posted a very good looking meatloaf with fried egg sandwich yesterday... We might be there

#37 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think we've already concluded in other threads that the dining scene in Folsom is pretty weak. Once you exclude the mediocre chains, you are left with a handful of non-chain places, of which a small percentage are actually above average in quality, service and value. Especially when you narrow it down to the non-sit down "fast food" type places that the trucks are really competing with.

Either way, they provide convenient variety on occasion.

Besides, that same logic could be used against things like all the farmer's markets in town (we have enough grocery stores) and the Sutter St crap fairs (we have enough stores selling trinket crap).
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#38 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I'm a capitalist. Let them fight it out and the best sources of food survive. I'm not inclined to protect the restaurants. I think Sacramento is being foolish in prohibiting the trucks near restaurants. Sounds like gov't protectionism to me. Consumers always lose in that scenario.

-Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users