52 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I am checking out the game in progress on

http://www.maxpreps....otball/home.htm

It shows the Bulldogs ahead 28 to 17 at half time.

Go Bull Dogs...

35 - 17 with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

42 - 17 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

49 - 17 with about 10 minutes left in final quarter.

FINAL  49 - 17

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thank you for posting the score.

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Folsom and De La Salle again, Saturday, December 14, 2013, 7:30, at Diablo Valley College.

#4 Lindke

Lindke

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Why are they playing them again?    A better match up would have been a Championship Team from a public high school.       There are plenty of good teams in Southern California.    

#5 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Why are they playing them again?    A better match up would have been a Championship Team from a public high school.       There are plenty of good teams in Southern California.    

They're by far the top two teams in NoCal, and the winner plays the top team in SoCal.  Makes sense to me.  Folsom has to go through DLS, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Let's hope they can contain the DLS running game, and protect the QB on offense, and then they might even win.

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Folsom has no defense. They give up a lot of points every game but win by scoring more. The result will sadly be the same as last year.

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

I think in the last game they had an interception or two and possibly picked up a couple fumbled balls.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#8 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Folsom has no defense. They give up a lot of points every game but win by scoring more. The result will sadly be the same as last year.

Not so.  They typically give up 2 or 3 touchdowns a game, and usually the last one is in "garbage time" in the fourth quarter when the game is decided.  Last year the result was 49-15, and I think it will be a closer game this year.  The line play will probably determine the outcome.

#9 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Jesuit had the Folsom D figured out a bit......but they made changes and stopped a VERY good OR run game. Go Dawgs!!!

#10 Lindke

Lindke

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

They're by far the top two teams in NoCal, and the winner plays the top team in SoCal.  Makes sense to me.  Folsom has to go through DLS, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Let's hope they can contain the DLS running game, and protect the QB on offense, and then they might even win.

I do not agree how DLS runs their program.         I was told they recruit athletes from all over the state and compete against public schools which are under strict guidelines.

The DLS student football athlete families get free tuition for the players.      Sounds like a division one college program and out of place for a high school program.

How can a public high school football team compete with a program like DLS?

#11 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

I do not agree how DLS runs their program.         I was told they recruit athletes from all over the state and compete against public schools which are under strict guidelines.

The DLS student football athlete families get free tuition for the players.      Sounds like a division one college program and out of place for a high school program.

How can a public high school football team compete with a program like DLS?

DLS is not invincible, although they do have an extremely good record.  My sophomore year in high school we managed to beat them.  I'm guessing that was the last time (1982) that happened.

#12 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yes, it's pretty much like a college (or JC) team, full of recruits.  That's what would make a victory even sweeter.  No shame in a loss, as long as the game is hard fought, and not the lousy effort we saw last year.  Folsom High may well be the #1 public school in the state.  We also may be looking at a true future NFL star (Jake Browning), which DLS can't match.

#13 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

For full disclosure, I don't follow sports that closely; I only half pay attention when the sports news is on.  But... wasn't it a couple of years ago that Grant (???) got busted for recruiting players, even some from Samoa?

#14 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

For full disclosure, I don't follow sports that closely; I only half pay attention when the sports news is on.  But... wasn't it a couple of years ago that Grant (???) got busted for recruiting players, even some from Samoa?

And are we sure that all the kids on the Bulldogs are homegrown Folsom kids too?

#15 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

And are we sure that all the kids on the Bulldogs are homegrown Folsom kids too?

I would imagine so.  DLS is a private school that openly recruits athletes, and that's fine.  Folsom High's kids are supposed to live within a certain district.  If that's not happening, it would be isolated instances that would probably be found out.  Other teams would want to publicize the fact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users