#16 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 1 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Motorcycles aren't noisy.

Now now, don't exaggerate, they're musical tongue.gif ... 'cept for those ones with the straight pipes, they sound like a thousand vuvuzela's

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#17 camskate

camskate

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

We have gone their twice, once on their soft opening and once last week. We sat at the bar both times. The service both times was lackluster but the burgers were awesome. They are in the process of fine tuning their staff which hopefully will improve things. It is such an awesome location with Patio. Let,s hope they make it

#18 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Jul 1 2010, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avoid Yelp. Businesses pay to play there and the reviews are useless.

Amen! I tried to write an honest (good) review for my favorite meals at Pete's Pizza and Brewhouse in El Dorado Hills as well as our local Silverado Systems for having world class standards, service, and offerings! Both of which never appeared! I emailed yelp several times and asked them why I spent an hour writing reviews which in turn promotes yelp... and my reviews don't get posted. They begin to tell me a long story about their algorithms, fake reviews, and such! I tell them to read my reviews as they are obviously good. They tell me it's out of their control and some day my reviews might "appear". To my knowledge they never did.

Although they have allowed a review for petes that uses foul words including the F word (written out). That can be approved but my honest review... no way man.

In fact my cousins good review for that resteraunt was removed as well (after being posted) so I believe he had to write a second one. It's like they keep the bad reviews and don't display a bunch of good ones. Garbage system if you can't personally approve a review if contacted.

Sorry, back on topic.
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#19 folsom4us

folsom4us

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

I know a waiter there. He is extremely frustrated because they are ALWAYS out of stuff. I think they have too many "owners". Do not blame the servers because they are out of items. That is the owners/managers responsibility. Of course, the unorganization can lead to bad service also.

thanks for the urbanspoon link.

#20 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (JLS @ Jul 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's like they keep the bad reviews and don't display a bunch of good ones. Garbage system if you can't personally approve a review if contacted.

The pitch then goes like this:

Restaurant owner: "Someone has posted a nasty word in one of our (negative) reviews, please remove it."
Yelp sales rep: "Sure, sir, we can do that. How much advertising would you like to sign up for?"
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#21 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (JLS @ Jul 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen! I tried to write an honest (good) review for my favorite meals at Pete's Pizza and Brewhouse in El Dorado Hills as well as our local Silverado Systems for having world class standards, service, and offerings! Both of which never appeared! I emailed yelp several times and asked them why I spent an hour writing reviews which in turn promotes yelp... and my reviews don't get posted. They begin to tell me a long story about their algorithms, fake reviews, and such! I tell them to read my reviews as they are obviously good. They tell me it's out of their control and some day my reviews might "appear". To my knowledge they never did.

Although they have allowed a review for petes that uses foul words including the F word (written out). That can be approved but my honest review... no way man.

In fact my cousins good review for that resteraunt was removed as well (after being posted) so I believe he had to write a second one. It's like they keep the bad reviews and don't display a bunch of good ones. Garbage system if you can't personally approve a review if contacted.

Sorry, back on topic.

Post 'em here. We won't delete them. :-)

#22 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

Something tells me the employees there are going to be talked with about publicly stating their complaints of what happens behind the scenes of a restaurant they are currently working at. Not a good way to make points with your boss...LOL.

No matter what your feelings are and how many complaints a restaurant has... I think worse of the employees stating this stuff then I do the owners. It's between the owners and the customers. Employees have the right to quite if things are bad but you have to stay out of it as an employee.

QUOTE (john @ Jul 2 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post 'em here. We won't delete them. :-)

Will do...
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#23 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Read an article in the community paper about the El Dorado Saloon and how great they are doing with quotes from a few customers enjoying their visit. Generally we give a place a month to get their act together and now with the good comments may be the time to go.

We ordered a Ketel One Lemonade ($7) and Mojito (both pretty good) and split a Spinach Salad ($9.95) for starters. Spinach salad has fresh strawberries, walnuts, blueberries, blackberries and dressed lightly with a strawberry vinegarette. It was a very good start to the evening on the deck. Deck was nice but some may be annoyed with the rumble of loud trucks and motorcycles and at this time of year the flies that are everywhere.

We selected lighter entrees for dinner - guacamole burger and steak sandwich. Wife enjoyed the burger and sweet potato fries which came with a aioli (actually they call it a garlic aioli which is redundant. Tri tip steak sandwich was good but lacked a bit of flavor and not what I expected. Had it been a better seasoned grilled steak served whole or sliced on a roll it would have been really good but it was oddly chopped up and presented more like a cheesesteak sandwich. Dont get me wrong because I hear a proper cheesesteak is made from Rib eye cuts (a favorite of mine) but this didnt have the flavor, steak sandwich texture I expected.

Didnt have time or room for desserts. Service was very friendly, prompt to the table, orders correct and provided recommendations. The cash cow of a eatery, alcohol was refreshed promptly as was the water -- a sign of good service. Waitresses fit the western cute cowgirl concept wearing well fitted denim shorts, boots and t-shirts. The EDS can use some improvements and it looks like from the early reviews they listened and made changes

They have a great location for the north end EDH, Cameron Park, Shingle Springs or eastern Folsom residents and they have several entertainment events to help establish themselves. A few more tweaks and they could do very well. As it was Friday night, business was busy filling out most of the deck, dining room and of course the bar.

Menu: http://www.eldorados...e.asp?type=menu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users