21 replies to this topic

#16 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Just thought I'd mention that Chicago, with some of the strictest gun control laws (common sense gun control!   :P ) has had over 3278 people shot this year to date. 572 killed. That is TEN TIMES the Vegas body count, but hey, it's a poster child for liberal gun laws that don't work, so not a peep from the media (or our local gun grabbers.)  For contrast, I could only find 32 American soldier deaths this year in war zones filled with "assault rifles."

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#17 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Was not the Branch Davidian incident under Clinton and Janet Reno....?   And the government, the liberal government, was too fast to try and prove a point, get in there and make a great takedown for the news before an upcoming election.  They went in whole hog and high winded, and got their arses handed to them.   Shoulda just waited out the child rapist for when he came back into town, laid low so to speak and get him when his guard was down.   Patience is your friend, waited 3 to 6 months and grab him with his pants down around ankles while getting coffee or buying toilet paper...?  Oh, and I think Clinton owns Ruby Ridge too, Randy Weaver and his shot dead wife and son as I remember....?  All done by high handed, liberal government gun grabbers against so called conservative crazies.  And no, none of we NRA members would show up to support David Koresh, the child rapist, we would have been smarter and got him later, and maybe even solved the "problem" without a trial and collateral damage, unlike the government.  You of all people should know this, having age and experience on your side, and maybe even a full year "vacation" in Viet Nam under your belt.  This is not politics, but tactics, patience, wisdom, and common sense.  Chris

Who_dem, you missed this I guess...?  Very good it was.  I don't blame you, I would not have a come back for it either....   Too many facts, too many truths.........  Enjoy your no opposition "ignore" bubble....!   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#18 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Just thought I'd mention that Chicago, with some of the strictest gun control laws (common sense gun control!   :P ) has had over 3278 people shot this year to date. 572 killed. That is TEN TIMES the Vegas body count, but hey, it's a poster child for liberal gun laws that don't work, so not a peep from the media (or our local gun grabbers.)  For contrast, I could only find 32 American soldier deaths this year in war zones filled with "assault rifles."

Joe, you will be ignored by the usual leftist suspects.........   The truth hurts, they can't handle the truth.  I hear you, but nobody cares, just dead black poor folks that no one cares about......  Except maybe you and me, and their families.   Apparently the lefties don't care once they got the votes now do you Who_dem and Tio Vinny........?   Are your super gun grabbing laws working there....?   No, no they are not.  Pause to think maybe....?  At age 13 or 14 you get a gun as your "manhood" gift as a  young black boy in those neighborhoods.   Did you know that...?   And the sad thing is, you need it to make it to 15.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#19 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Unfortunately, statistics make your comments irrelevant.   Of all the guns recovered from Illinois crime, 60% were acquired outside the state.  Of all the guns recovered from Chicago (city limits) crime, 89% were acquired outside the city.  If the chicago restrictions were applied nationwide, gun crime in Chicago would drop significantly.  This is a point the 2A folks seem to overlook.

I could only find 32 American soldier deaths this year in war zones filled with "assault rifles."   This is an incredibly oblique and useless statistic.  How many NON-Americans died in those war zones from the effects of "assault rifles"?  I suspect it's WAY more than 32.  Maybe a 1000 X more?  Maybe 10,000 X more?

#20 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Unfortunately, statistics make your comments irrelevant.   Of all the guns recovered from Illinois crime, 60% were acquired outside the state.  Of all the guns recovered from Chicago (city limits) crime, 89% were acquired outside the city.  If the chicago restrictions were applied nationwide, gun crime in Chicago would drop significantly.  This is a point the 2A folks seem to overlook.

You mean that the criminals now breaking the law would stop breaking the law once you applied the law nationwide (the law they are now breaking) and then once the nationwide law was applied then they would start following the law that they are now breaking.....? And then you say gun crime would drop significantly because now the law breakers would now start obeying the law, that nationwide one, the one they are breaking now locally...?   As a "2A folk" myself I just can't overlook it because I can't even make sense of what you are thinking and saying....!   It is so naive, so "liberal logic" to think that criminals would start following a law that they are now breaking once you expanded it nationwide.  And if you think guns would dry up you better think again.  Too many out there already.   Not gonna happen. Easy just to make a gun if you want to do so, I could do it very quickly and easily if I wanted, give me a week, very easy with my metalworking skills, the tools I have, and basic machining knowledge I posses.   I bet your "nationwide" application of Chicago's oppressive and anti constitutional gun laws would work just as well as our nationwide drug laws are working now.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#21 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Chris, you are trying to present a rational, logical argument to someone who is irrational and illogical. Leftists are naive. They believe that if you pass a law, that law *solves the problem*. People these days are stupid. I don't know any other word to describe them.

#22 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Chris, you are trying to present a rational, logical argument to someone who is irrational and illogical. Leftists are naive. They believe that if you pass a law, that law *solves the problem*. People these days are stupid. I don't know any other word to describe them.

Yes Aces, yes indeed....!   Especially when they don't even see or read your replies....!   Must be nice to see only what you want to see, read what you only want to read, only what you agree with, only what makes you safe, makes you feel good, re-affirms your beliefs, and only your beliefs.....   And never, never ever read anything that challenges you, makes you think...!   Must be nice...!    Carry on snowflakes, live in your own world, the world of make believe...    At least for now, only lasts a little while until reality catches up with you...   I can't wait.   Chris

p.s.  Actually it did catch up with you.......   He's called President Trump...!    

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users