• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

Can I suggest that, while I think all of would be interested in learning about businesses with malicious practices, I'm not sure that's the case here with IHOP.

Every business will have ups and downs, in their products/services and in their customer service. People are not perfect. And while a business is an abstraction, it's operated by people.

I would hope that a singular bad experience would not be held out in the spotlight; noted perhaps to see if there has been some general consistency of experience. But if it's not evident that there is a consensus, then perhaps we could exercise a little forgiveness.

To paraphrase a well known parable, can you point out a single business that has not had a bad incident? Is there really a perfect business? If not, can I suggest we focus on unreasonable patterns of behavior rather than singular incidents (exercising caution against libel)?

#122 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(tsukiji @ Nov 22 2008, 09:55 AM) View Post
Can I suggest that, while I think all of would be interested in learning about businesses with malicious practices, I'm not sure that's the case here with IHOP.

Every business will have ups and downs, in their products/services and in their customer service. People are not perfect. And while a business is an abstraction, it's operated by people.

I would hope that a singular bad experience would not be held out in the spotlight; noted perhaps to see if there has been some general consistency of experience. But if it's not evident that there is a consensus, then perhaps we could exercise a little forgiveness.

To paraphrase a well known parable, can you point out a single business that has not had a bad incident? Is there really a perfect business? If not, can I suggest we focus on unreasonable patterns of behavior rather than singular incidents (exercising caution against libel)?

I would agree with you, but the LACK of response and disregard by management to the original poster caused this. In fact, other posters shared their bad experience with this specific IHOP> Why didnt folks say generally, ALL IHOP stinks?? Theere was a disturbing pattern that developed as a result of all this.

#123 JLS

JLS

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

you never mention the goods that people have said in the thread. You make out that its all bad and thats not true.

there are alot of regulars of the bidwell one stating that they like the bidwell location but yet alot of them never seem to mention even going to the iron point one. Either-way, the people of folsom have been going to the bidwell one for years so they are comfortable with them as well as the employees are with the regular customers.

You cannot expect the same level of service from a place you never go to vs a place where the employees know you and have your drinks at the table before you even sit down. If I walk into the bidwell location then nobody knows me and I get no-where near the level of service that I get at iron point. Do I dock bidwell points for that? Heck no, I'm positive that if I was more regular there then my service would be top notch.

The lack of response from management I am learning is probably for good reason. Palango, unless you were actually there and know the attitudes and words that were said by both parties then I suggest that you consider putting down you picket sign. You never know... had you actually been there, you might feel differently towards this whole situation. Its very juvenile to me to backup somebody in an argument when you have no clue of both sides to the story.

There is nothing wrong with a thread on ihop at iron point reviews. You will get some saying they love it or some saying they disliked the food or service. Thats totally cool but when you have a thread thats titled "Beware of a local business" and directly attacking a person there who can't defend themselves in any way because they don't even know about this place most likely. Thats disappointing. Its based purely on speculation and its surely not helping the city of folsom and there business owners in such hard times.

Ihop pays out alot of money in advertising and had this thread not got carried away then I would have really tried to promote this site to them and encouraged them to advertise here as I do since I have got such great customers from myfolsom.com (gosh I got to send john a paypal. I forgot about that months ago). But thats looking pretty gloom now...LOL. Its to bad people can't just post good or bad reviews under an ihop thread instead of how this one was started and been handled.
LearnShootInspire.com
Learn Shoot Inspire on Facebook

#124 a little bean

a little bean

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(JLS @ Nov 24 2008, 02:53 PM) View Post
There is nothing wrong with a thread on ihop at iron point reviews. You will get some saying they love it or some saying they disliked the food or service. Thats totally cool but when you have a thread thats titled "Beware of a local business" and directly attacking a person there who can't defend themselves in any way because they don't even know about this place most likely. Thats disappointing. Its based purely on speculation and its surely not helping the city of folsom and there business owners in such hard times.

Excellent post and exactly my thoughts. So many threads lately have gotten so heated (the schwinn classified ad is an example of this), that it's really turning me off to the whole thing. I've been a long time reader of MyFolsom.com and valued it for it's reviews of local restaurants, it's insights into the goings on in the area, and the sense of community that it inspires. However, lately it seems to be spiraling into constant name calling and bickering, mostly instigated by a few members who must be looking for more drama in their lives. I'm not sure what has changed, as older posts do more self-censoring and the group tends to silence those that want to name call. Seems that the old rules no longer apply. I feel poorly for John, as I would think that at some point business' are no longer going to want to be affiliated with a site that promotes public name-calling, cat-fighting, defamation, and libel. Can't we just stick to the facts and at least pretend that the normal rules of politeness and decency apply to all areas of life, and not just those that you must be accountable for?

#125 Xena911

Xena911

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

For what its worth, I had a very bad service @ that specific IHOP. I have been to other IHOPS (with my coupon) in Sacramento area, but I have never encountered a more rude and slow service than this one next to BEVMO. Never again will I set foot there.

#126 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Xena911 @ Nov 25 2008, 08:52 AM) View Post
For what its worth, I had a very bad service @ that specific IHOP. I have been to other IHOPS (with my coupon) in Sacramento area, but I have never encountered a more rude and slow service than this one next to BEVMO. Never again will I set foot there.

shhhhhhhhhh. Please do NOT share your opinion about the sacred Iron Point IHOP because some folks are crying defamation for a CUTOMER to share their opinion about some crappy service As I have stated, Customer is ALWAYS right specially in this horrible economy (The ONLY exception is if the customer is rude and offensive to the employee). If you believe otherwise,then you are drinking the same cool aid as Bush anf his cronies that thinks that the economy is not that bad.

#127 Lexington Hills

Lexington Hills

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Wow 9 pages of this? Thats crazy. We frequently go to this IHOP and have had typical IHOP service. Nothing fancy, nothing super slow or super fast. Just food!

I will stick up for the manager though. Shes been nothing but good to us and remembers my wife when she was pregnant. Now that our baby is out we always have a quick conversation about how things are going.

We've only had a minor problem with one of the waiters constantly checking up on our table asking if things were ok and insisting on telling us how his day was. No biggie, he was just trying to be friendly. If you have had this waiter, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. rolleyes.gif

+1 for IHOP on Iron point.

#128 Naga Jolokia

Naga Jolokia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Food, Food, Food.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

I had Breakfast at IHOP on E Bidwell last week. The food & the service were EXCELLENT!

Bon Appétit!

Palin 2012
Jindal 2012
God Bless America!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users