Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 23 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny, thanks Billz..

I did tell PD that he is an issue and said a few things that have been going on--originally the dispatcher wasn't inclined to send a PD out to talk to the guy--until she asked if I had had previous issues-and I told her.

I knew that would prolly be her response when I called.

And yeah-its the guy right above my apartment.

But he goes into these wierd fits around 2 or 3 almost every morning. starts slamming kitchen cupboards around-stomping on the floors, opening his sliding glass door around 30-40 times-takes a break and opens it again another 30 or 40 times. On bad nights it sounds like he is literally throwing his furniture across the room.

But yeah, i yelled at the guy. he freaked me out, he wasn't petting the dog nicely.
he had grabbed the dogs snout in one hand and and was petting the top of the dogs head with the other hand. when I brought the dog in the house-the first thing he did was rub his face into the rug then start yelping in pain.sad.gif

Hmm, I would start a journal logging everything you can about this guy and his interactions with you, your family, and your pets. Time & date of every occurence, start off with everything in the past noting what is from memory, and where all future log entries begin. (loud noises late at night count as occurences) Use this to show the landlord he's being a nuisance as a neighbor as well as to show cops if you have to call them again. I would also ask your other neighbors if they have similar encounters. I would let your kids know, they need to be with someone or with each other whenever they are going to & from the apartment. Are there any vacancies in your complex where you could move to just to not have an adjoining apartment to his?

If you don't currently have any pepper spray, I recommend you get some and start carrying it with you. You might want to add the old style can opener to your key ring. You know the kind you used to use to make one large triangle shaped hole in a soda can and then a second small hole on the other side. held in a clenched fist, this becomes a formidable weapon used to slash across an attackers face.
I would rather be Backpacking

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Nov 23 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I would start a journal logging everything you can about this guy and his interactions with you, your family, and your pets. Time & date of every occurence, start off with everything in the past noting what is from memory, and where all future log entries begin. (loud noises late at night count as occurences) Use this to show the landlord he's being a nuisance as a neighbor as well as to show cops if you have to call them again. I would also ask your other neighbors if they have similar encounters. I would let your kids know, they need to be with someone or with each other whenever they are going to & from the apartment. Are there any vacancies in your complex where you could move to just to not have an adjoining apartment to his?

If you don't currently have any pepper spray, I recommend you get some and start carrying it with you. You might want to add the old style can opener to your key ring. You know the kind you used to use to make one large triangle shaped hole in a soda can and then a second small hole on the other side. held in a clenched fist, this becomes a formidable weapon used to slash across an attackers face.

Some good ideas, but no way-on the weapons--it would be grounds for eviction, or arrest. and pepper spray is, well, sissyish-and deters only people who are not high.

Better idea, just call the coppers and let them deal with the guy when he acts up.

I know--'cause that's what I was told. <sigh>

#18 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 23 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some good ideas, but no way-on the weapons--it would be grounds for eviction, or arrest. and pepper spray is, well, sissyish-and deters only people who are not high.

Better idea, just call the coppers and let them deal with the guy when he acts up.

Did you do the reverse address thing? Did you find him on Megans Law web? Can you move to another apt? Good luck, Im sorry you have a wierdo for a neighbor.

#19 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 23 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's fine if you aren't attacked, but if you are attacked, you won't have the opportunity to call & wait.

I wouldn't call pepper spray sissyish, if it works on grizzlies, it will work on people, and it does work on grizzlies.

I would rather be Backpacking

#20 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Nov 23 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's fine if you aren't attacked, but if you are attacked, you won't have the opportunity to call & wait.

I wouldn't call pepper spray sissyish, if it works on grizzlies, it will work on people, and it does work on grizzlies.

If he attacks me--I doubt he would--I can take care of myself. smile.gif
No way, I'm moving outta my home, 'cause of this guy. I'm not a runner. angry.gif
And pepper spray has proven to be completely ineffectual against people when high. angry.gif

Anyway, the reverse thing only works if you have a good phone number! Or if the neighbor in that apartment has been there long enough to create credit ratings at that address. So, no, that didn't work.

And Megan's site only works if the person is actually registered or has been registered in the past, within that zipcode, or city or if you know the person's name.

But, the coppers did come out the other night and talked to him. I'm sure the copper did his work and checked this guys credentials and would know if this neighbor is a wanted pervert.

So, bottom line, the guy is just wierd.

#21 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

Supermom, have you asked the landlord if there have been other complaints about him? Can't the landlord do something about this if he's a nuisance to others?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#22 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Deb B @ Nov 24 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Supermom, have you asked the landlord if there have been other complaints about him? Can't the landlord do something about this if he's a nuisance to others?

So far, there haven't been any other complaints. He pays his rent and apparently works from home.

typical older gentleman type of guy-bachelor. If other neighbors have complained about noise I don't know about it.

Though i do know that he has frightened someone on th bike trail when he approached them and started a nonsensical, un-invited conversation while he appeared to be "stoned"

#23 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hopefully it's not this guy.....saw this on last night's news.....

http://www.kcra.com/...416/detail.html

'Coughing' Flasher Wanted In Gold River
Culprit Exposes Himself Near Trail, Residents Say

POSTED: 5:44 pm PST November 23, 2009
UPDATED: 7:34 pm PST November 23, 2009

SACRAMENTO COUNTY, Calif. -- The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department said someone dubbed "the coughing man" has been exposing himself to Gold River residents since June 2008.

There have been 15 reported flashing incidents in the past year and a half, the most recent in August and October.

Residents said the "coughing man" has exposed himself to people in a meadow near a walking trail, and has also boldly approached residents' doors and flashed them in their homes.

Detectives are surveying the area and working with patrol units and the community to try to find the flasher.

Gold River Neighborhood Watch members are urging other residents to call 911 if they encounter the man and to report any other suspicious behavior.
Copyright 2009 by KCRA.com.

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#24 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

No way, I'm moving outta my home, 'cause of this guy. I'm not a runner.

Seriously? Isn't safety for your kids, dogs and peace of mind worth it??

#25 Stitch

Stitch

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Odd that the property managers don't take action on their own when a resident raises a concern and complains of noise and inappropriate behavior.

I hope other neighbors back you up and either get this guy to be normal or get him evicted.

#26 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Gina99 @ Nov 24 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No way, I'm moving outta my home, 'cause of this guy. I'm not a runner.

Seriously? Isn't safety for your kids, dogs and peace of mind worth it??

hmmm---safety is a concern.

I'm hoping that putting him on notice that I'm not afraid to call the cops and that I am aware of his shenanigans will be enough to make him take notice that enough is enough.

As for the flasher dude--where is Gold River bike trail? Isn't that way over by nimbus dam?

But yeah, safety is a concern and I have someone (actually several someone's) who are watching the dog and kids and property--right now.

The great thing about having lived where I'm at-for so long-is that I know other long-term residents in the complex, who are willing to watch out for my apartment and kids.

The dog is a dog and sadly, if he were to get hurt it would stink, but it would also be grounds for me to go after this guy for animal cruelty--and I will, if he touches my dog-again.

#27 ptejhe

ptejhe

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

No way, I'm moving outta my home, 'cause of this guy. I'm not a runner

Are you kidding me?? If I lived in an apartment and my gut instinct tells me to be cautious of my neighbor, I'd request to move to another apartment. The apartment manager cannot tell him he cannot live there on grounds that he's simply weird.

You may not be able to control his behavior & actions, but you can control where you live. It doesn't mean your running. It means you're a smart person!!

Before we purchased our home, I looked on Megan's Law to make sure that no sex offenders were near our home. You're basically doing the same thing that all of us do...protect our family & ourselves from potential harm.

Don't wait until you are a victim to move...be proactive!

#28 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (ptejhe @ Nov 25 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No way, I'm moving outta my home, 'cause of this guy. I'm not a runner

Are you kidding me?? If I lived in an apartment and my gut instinct tells me to be cautious of my neighbor, I'd request to move to another apartment. The apartment manager cannot tell him he cannot live there on grounds that he's simply weird.

You may not be able to control his behavior & actions, but you can control where you live. It doesn't mean your running. It means you're a smart person!!

Before we purchased our home, I looked on Megan's Law to make sure that no sex offenders were near our home. You're basically doing the same thing that all of us do...protect our family & ourselves from potential harm.

Don't wait until you are a victim to move...be proactive!

I am being proactive. I put the guy on notice that he's being watched and I called the coppers to let the guy know his behavior is intolerable.

Regardless of where I live--I will always run into a weird neighbor. No offense Myfolsomites--but there are even some on here who post-regularly. Weird is not always bad, or mean that I must run away. Weird just means that I need to make sure my family knows and recognizes a concern and is alert. Weird means that I take notice of oddities in behavior that at other times (or if they were less frequent) that I might overlook.

Sometimes -as in this situation- weird means that I let that neighbor know that any friendly advances-or pretences of friendliness is completely unwelcomed.

And the guy isn't a megans law offender or the coppers would've arrested him. And no matter what--the whole idea of checking megans law prior to moving somewhere else in folsom is absurd.
1) this is the only apartment complex in folsom that can boast no megan law residents residing within a few miles.
2) at any point, without any say or control by me-a megan law registrant could move near me anyway. Or you. Owning a home is certainly not going to protect you from such a deviant choosing to move next door to you.

Anyway, I appreciate your guys concern. and I'm glad that i got some feedback. He has certainly been trying to cut back on the noise at night, since he got a PD visit.

This morning he tried to say hi, when walking by, but I turned away. I can't get the image out of my mind-of him holding my dog's nose-and the dog with his tail between his legs.

#29 quilt-n-golf gal

quilt-n-golf gal

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Supermom...If you still want the guys name...You should be able to get a copy of the police report...you would be listed as the person complaining & your neighbors name should also be included...hope he was mello over Christmas...

#30 03Evan

03Evan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Nov 24 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And pepper spray has proven to be completely ineffectual against people when high. angry.gif

I don't know what pepper spray they were testing in whatever article you read, but if you buy OC spray, that WILL stop anyone (well enough that it is not legal in all states).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users