8 replies to this topic

#1 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:48 AM

Way to start off the school year... Anyone else have bus issues this morning?

#2 SCA

SCA

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

Please call or text me and let me know what happened so hopefully we can get it corrected for tomorrow.  Unfortunately, finding enough quality bus drivers is an ongoing challenge for many districts including ours.

Sarah Aquino

(916)798-5380

#3 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

Pickup on Listowe Dr. across from Handy park is at 7:50AM. As of 8:10AM still no bus and people scrambling to get their kids to school.

If it was still the old days when bus service was free I could understand but WE are paying good money for this service anymore. Pretty disappointing on the FIRST day of school when kids/parents are already stressed out enough as it is.

#4 SCA

SCA

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

I passed your message along to the Superintendent.  We have several drivers out at the moment which means there are substitute drivers on those routes.  Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience.  

#5 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

Maybe everyone was so happy about all the new bleachers going in at various schools (except some are re-treads from other schools) that they forgot to get the buses running for today?

#6 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

I really wish these people would get their act together.  Its been a repeat of last year just like a scene out of Groundhog Day.  Were 3 days into the school year and you have already failed to pick up my kids on 2 of those days.

First day these guys move the bus stop without any parent notification, then move it again today with no notification and the bus doesn't even show.  Would it really be that hard for someone to pickup up a phone and notify parents???

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Shortage of bus drivers ?  Article below.

http://www.foxbusine...ues-nation.html

#8 SCA

SCA

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Sandman, if you haven't already contacted someone at the district please feel free to contact me with the route number and your stop.  I'll pass it on to the Superintendent.  2 Aces is correct that we have an ongoing challenge trying to hire and retain enough bus drivers to cover all the routes.  However, a lack of communication is not acceptable.

Sarah Aquino

(916)798-5380

saquino@fcusd.org

#9 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Were about done doing the bus thing. Routes are getting rediculous. Takes my son over an hour to get home from Folsom Middle. Same bus picks up and drops off a buch of kids from Russell Ranch before he even gets home.

Riding the school bus sure aint what it use to be...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users