16 replies to this topic

#16 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

Even though this thread is old, it never hurts to have date ideas. Since we are keeping it local as you should now have a toddler, I would vote for The Cellar. Live music is also a good date. Brookside has a pretty nice patio when the weather is nice and is a family run business that promotes music.

A short trip up the hill can be amazing as well. Sutter Creek is a favorite haunt, and if your children are old enough for you to have an overnight, groupon does the Sutter Hotel (90.00 for a room, half bottle of wine and 10.00 dining credit.), or the Sutter Creek Inn is pretty nice with lots of variety in rooms.  Both put you right in the middle of downtown so there is no need to worry about driving. The Sutter Creek Theater gets some pretty good musicians as well.  A little further out of SC is Avio vinyards. They have a single room for rent (which is awesome) and the winemakers/hosts are incredibly nice. they give you the run of the 75 acre property and a bottle of wine to enjoy. If it is slow, Stephano will bring you "behind the scenes" and might even put you to work!.

Finally, I'll leave you with this. Anyplace can be a "date."

I wrote this 7 years ago about a particularly low key anniversary:

Recently, my wife and I celebrated 17 years of marriage. Now usually we tend to do something  involving wine and bed and breakfasts. However, this year, we both felt a kind of malaise regarding doing something "special." We settled on beer and blues at our local establishment instead.

Before we left, we went to Winco to get some pantry stock items. I was pondering the traditional anniversary gifts...crystal, silver, gold...and I remarked that the gift for 17 years must be "paper or plastic." We both laughed, and as I gave her a squeeze, it occurred to me that "special" is where you find it...even if that is on aisle 8 of a no frills grocery store.

17 years of "paper or plastic?" I'll take that over cold, empty crystal every time...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#17 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

I keep seeing facebook notices for 1st friday date night on Sutter Street.

http://www.historicf...events-schedule

Date Night – Late Night!
Friday, February 3rd  - 5-8PM (And The First Friday of Every Month)

The Folsom Historic Merchants invite you to enjoy Date Night Late Night on the First Friday of each month. Stroll Sutter Street and the entire Historic District.  Participating merchants will be open until 8pm.  Stroll the twinkle lit streets, shop the warm, unique stores, meet the merchants, enjoy specials and stick around for a bite to eat or a sip of wine. The fun will begin at 5pm and continues up and down the Historic District until 8pm.

Restaurants and bars will remain open past 8pm.  Shops in Historic Folsom are family owned and operated and each will have their own offerings and flair.  Some things to look for will be art, live music, refreshments and specials.  Show Historic Folsom your love!

This event is free to attend and is rain or shine.

The parking garage is located at 905 Leidesdorff St in Folsom. Parking is free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users