What do you think?

#2 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:57 AM

I think it boils down to priorities.  If the Jones family likes the clubs they've selected and the experience they get, more power to them.  Hopefully the kids will stick with it and end up with scholarships for their effort and the parents money.

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

What do you think?

"To each his own".

But I do think it's over-the-top crazy financial mismanagement. This won't end well.

I wish them luck...they're gonna need it.

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

The Jones are super good people raising great kids. I applaud Stephen for being so transparent with all the details that they have given regarding their finances, I don't know that most people would do that. 

More power to them if this is the way they wish to spend their money.

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

Their money, their choice. I would never put my financial information out for all to see, but that's just me. In the big picture, there are two issues for the kids. What are they missing out on while they are following this grueling schedule and what happens when they "burn out" on soccer at age 15?  Still, I don't know why I am even involved. Their kids, their choice. Their money, their choice. Not gonna shed a tear over their financial situation.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

Athletic Scholarships???

If they are serious, they need Alex Van Dyke Going Vertical.

Alex trains THE ELITE YOUTH of Sacramento.

He is ex NFL and VERY VERY SERIOUS about training for performance.

I am in no way affiliated, but he also does personal training for us regular folk, and he rehabbed an ex pro athlete acquaintance of mine.

I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Truly the best, and extremely reasonably priced, especially given the outcomes.

#7 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:24 AM

My family and Son took advantage of our community youth programs from player age 5 years old until he was 18 years old in Sacramento County and into Folsom.    Our Family had a great experience and as a parent remember not wanting the playing season to end.   My Son was always ok with the season ending and going into something else.    The season did end and we put the equipment away.    As I reflect back it was perfect timing to end it every year.   

As an older teenager and young adult, I have participated in a sport (motorcycle racing) and have seen many families at the track that have spent everything on the racing i.e (new bikes every year,  motorhome and trailer, spare parts and gear and regular cross country drives.  Easily a six figure bill.  They were doing what it takes to get a possible sponsored ride.  I could tell the families were having fun being together and enjoying the competition.     It is great the Jones' are also enjoying their experience with their sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users