• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Salcone

Chris Salcone

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

The City of Folsom has approved funding for the creation of a disc golf course in town and the newly formed Folsom Disc Golf Club is holding an event to expose residents to the sport.  The First Annual Disc Golf Expo will be July 16th from 9:00-3:00 at the Folsom Sports Complex/Kemp Park.  Participation is FREE but there will be discs available for purchase and a raffle to raise funds for the new course installation. 

Updates and other information are available on two Facebook sites:

Folsom Disc Golf Club

Folsom Disc Golf Course

Hope to see you there!

Chris Salcone, Secretary

Folsom Disc Golf Club 

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

What is disc golf?

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

What is disc golf?

Best sport ever.....!    Think of golf, just with a variety of special purpose frisbee's......   Put them in the basket after driving, mid range, then approach and putt....    Coolest sport ever, and free.........!    Placerville course is cool, Orangevale is my go to... Tahoe is awesome I hear..........    Great sport to play with your kids as they get into their 20's......     Can't wait.....!    Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Play the lake Tahoe course lots. Awesome 27 holes.  can't wait to get one here in Folsom. I've heard there's one in napa, gotta check it out. If you've not tried disc golf, do yourself a favor and try it, you'll be hooked and lot cheaper and faster than regular golf.

#5 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

Play the lake Tahoe course lots. Awesome 27 holes.  can't wait to get one here in Folsom. I've heard there's one in napa, gotta check it out. If you've not tried disc golf, do yourself a favor and try it, you'll be hooked and lot cheaper and faster than regular golf.

Davis has one I've been told and Chico too....   Have not played them but my son played the Chico one often when he was up there at school.   Rocklin one is nice, played that one a few times.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

Where are they going to build this disc course? Seems the land around here is way too valuable for something like that which will see little use. 

I played the one in Orangevale once or twice and in the Summer it was like tramping through a burnt out forest. Dry, brown, no grass to speak of. And unless you're really good at tossing a Frisbee you'll be digging through the bushes and trees to find yours!

#7 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:37 AM

If anyone knows where they're thinking about putting the course, I'd love to hear. This is awesome news for those of us tired of the crowd at Orangevale/Shady Oaks!

#8 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

According to their Facebook page (https://www.facebook...FolsomDiscGolf/), it will be at Nisenan Park.  

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#9 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

Nice! That park has some wicked hills/canyons...maybe a Top of the World shot in there? Hope the wind isnt an issue...there's a course in Napa that's got some crazy hills and wind....have a disc catch a breeze and watch it roll down..down....
Doesn't matter...happy to get another course. Wonder if they'll try the pay to play route like Sunrise did...?

#10 Chris Salcone

Chris Salcone

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:15 AM

With the city approval to develop a disc golf course in Folsom, we have formed the Folsom Disc Golf Club and are planning several events starting with the Folsom Disc Golf Expo July 16th. The expo runs from 9 AM to 3 PM at the Folsom Sports Complex/Kemp park and is a FREE event for all ages. There will be disc golf instruction, skills challenges, a raffle, and prizes.

Also, on August 27th, will be the Ace Chase Disc Golf tournament for beginners and experienced disc golfers alike. Included in registration will be two discs.

Disc Golf instruction classes will begin in the Fall through Folsom Parks and Recreation.

Contact Chris Salcone (916)835-2060 for more information and hope to see you there!

#11 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Where is the ace chase event being held?

#12 Chris Salcone

Chris Salcone

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

August 27th at Willow Hill Reservoir Community Park behind Folsom High School. 8:00 am competitor's briefing followed by 8:15 start. It is going to be a really fun format! Registration includes two discs. Flyer coming soon! Follow the Folsom Disc Golf Club on Facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users