#16 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(banana @ Aug 14 2007, 08:15 AM) View Post
Get a glock, they're a much more effective criminal deterent.

They can jam, at the most inconvenient time......go for a revolver....they deter just fine...
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#17 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 14 2007, 09:31 AM) View Post
They can jam, at the most inconvenient time......go for a revolver....they deter just fine...

naw, glocks never jam (not yet anyways) but I do have a S&W revolver for backup too, I pity the fool who would break into my house when I'm home, and when I'm not home my rottweiler serves as a good deterent.

#18 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 09:46 AM) View Post
Yay, just what we need gun-toting trigger happy yuppies.

thats better then being an un-armed victim all the time.

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

Well, if its any consolation--even the rich left hippies can't avoid crime on their doorstep.
http://origin.news10.....ThAyOi9oHr6M=

#20 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 09:58 AM) View Post
Your only a victim if you let yourself be one...

exactly, so when someone tries to come to my house and rob me, I won't be a victim by being unarmed.

#21 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 10:07 AM) View Post
Paranoid. And what happens when your child gets up in the middle of the night and you think he/she is a burglar and you accidently shoot them in the face? Oh, yeah, you should get the death penalty, maximum sentence right? Bye the way I am not anti guns at all, but I don't think people should get them with the sole purpose of protecting their home. When you buy guns for that reason, it's asking for trouble.

Didn't get them for the sole purpose of protecting the home, but they're good for that too. Thats all I'm saying.

And ownership requires responsability, don't assume thats been overlooked by me.

#22 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 10:07 AM) View Post
Paranoid. And what happens when your child gets up in the middle of the night and you think he/she is a burglar and you accidently shoot them in the face? Oh, yeah, you should get the death penalty, maximum sentence right? Bye the way I am not anti guns at all, but I don't think people should get them with the sole purpose of protecting their home. When you buy guns for that reason, it's asking for trouble.

Oh Lord....Is this dude for real ???? wacko.gif

#23 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 10:59 AM) View Post
F U, cross the line, I dare you

easy there cowboy, no need to go ballastic and make threats

#24 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 14 2007, 08:03 AM) View Post
Don't shoot to injure, shoot to kill. Hey, they'll kill you at the drop of a hat, so be ready to drop them before they drop you. Just my .02

Have you ever killed anyone...seen anyone die due to being shot..ever kill anything?!!! Just curious...you seem eager to kill and punish...just seems very sick, sadistic and odd to me...frankly a person can have anything I own...cause frankly anything I own truely isn't mine anyways...it's God's and if it needs to leave my life for me to learn a lesson...such as material things are not important...than so be it...

as far as owning a gun for the purpose of killing an intruder...it is a dumb reason...especially someone as trigger happy as you...if you do have children please take them to a gun safety course because anyone you raise I fear is crazy and would take the gun and kill their friend that they may have a disagreement with...heck don't even let your kids know you have a gun....

let's just hope the criminal doesn't take that gun from you and show you the same treatment you are willing to inflict on everyone it seems.....

#25 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(doj_gal @ Aug 14 2007, 11:11 AM) View Post
Have you ever killed anyone...seen anyone die due to being shot..ever kill anything?!!! Just curious...you seem eager to kill and punish...just seems very sick, sadistic and odd to me...frankly a person can have anything I own...cause frankly anything I own truely isn't mine anyways...it's God's and if it needs to leave my life for me to learn a lesson...such as material things are not important...than so be it...

as far as owning a gun for the purpose of killing an intruder...it is a dumb reason...especially someone as trigger happy as you...if you do have children please take them to a gun safety course because anyone you raise I fear is crazy and would take the gun and kill their friend that they may have a disagreement with...heck don't even let your kids know you have a gun....

let's just hope the criminal doesn't take that gun from you and show you the same treatment you are willing to inflict on everyone it seems.....

I'm not gonna bring a knife to a gunfight, and let's face it, the bad guys have guns, they're on drugs, and they know no decency boundaries. They will kill just to take your car or steal your home stereo nowadays. Good luck, doj_gal, and be prepared. That's all I'm saying. wub.gif

#26 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Aug 14 2007, 11:07 AM) View Post
what threat? for all you know I'm gonna buy him ice cream...

well then dang, tell me where the line is. I like chocalet and vanilla ice cream.

#27 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 14 2007, 11:21 AM) View Post
I'm not gonna bring a knife to a gunfight, and let's face it, the bad guys have guns, they're on drugs, and they know no decency boundaries. They will kill just to take your car or steal your home stereo nowadays. Good luck, doj_gal, and be prepared. That's all I'm saying. wub.gif

It's better to be prepared and be able to defend yourself and protect your home and family then to watch your family harmed or killed and have your hard earned possessions stolen.

I'm not one of those roll over and give it all up to the bad guy types.

#28 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(banana @ Aug 14 2007, 11:28 AM) View Post
It's better to be prepared and be able to defend yourself and protect your home and family

Exactly. Not sure why this mind-set is met with such disdain. I have an idea why, but I better not say it.....too "insensitive". whistle.gif

#29 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Aug 13 2007, 07:58 PM) View Post
Are you serious??? that is crazy!! I would MAKE us get an alarm if someone came into the house!

Yes, I'm serious. I do have an alarm. I went outside to talk to the fellow (escapee). Then I ran away and left him the house, so he took my keys, my valentine's candy, and my car.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#30 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Aug 14 2007, 12:18 PM) View Post
Yes, I'm serious. I do have an alarm. I went outside to talk to the fellow (escapee). Then I ran away and left him the house, so he took my keys, my valentine's candy, and my car.

That may have been the wisest thing you have ever done. An "escapee" is gonna be desperate. And deadly. And a gun is not needed in a house or garage to do a job. I'm glad you had the presence of mind to run rather than defy someone with hostile intentions. That is the reason most people ensure their "home" guns are not just locked but put away--out of sight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users