55 replies to this topic

#31 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

I have a ton of stuff I could put in there. Ripped out tile, hardwood remnants, etc, etc. Hmm...

Cool on the kitchen MSgt, I'm sure your wife is excited!

#32 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

I'm not trying to be an a$$, but when you guys do a project where do you put the old junk????? In the yard???

#33 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 11 2008, 12:31 PM) View Post
I'm not trying to be an a$$, but when you guys do a project where do you put the old junk????? In the yard???

You can call the City solid waste unit and they'll arrange to pick up stuff at the curb.

#34 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 11 2008, 01:31 PM) View Post

Well, the couches go on the front porch.

#35 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 11 2008, 01:31 PM) View Post
I'm not trying to be an a$, but when you guys do a project where do you put the old junk????? In the yard???

I call the city and book an appt for their neighborhood curbside pick up - they come around with a tractor and garbage truck and pick up the big items from those projects - for free - just call and they'll stop by in a few days to pick up the pile in front of your house

NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP PROGRAMThe City of Folsom has made it easier for you to have your bulky waste collected.

Beginning in May 2006 YOU CHOOSE, up to three times per year, to have your bulky waste picked-up!

When you're ready to have your bulky items picked-up, to request an appointment call 355-8367 or complete the appointment request form on our website.

http://207.105.169.1...collections.asp

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#36 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 11 2008, 10:31 AM) View Post

That's the very same type of trailer that our old neighbors parked on the street in front of their house.

I bet they are the same people that used to live next door to us!
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

#37 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Mar 11 2008, 02:07 PM) View Post
Well, the couches go on the front porch.

Yep! Those old couches on the front porch, are great for yer old hound dogs to sleep on. They just love watching the cars go by and can sleep on them for days at a time, except when they are eating from the hog trough or running after coons.

Then, when the stuffing starts coming out of that couch, yer cats can have a lot of fun playing with it.
It's a multipurpose furniture kinda thang. biggrin.gif
George Orwell

#38 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Mar 10 2008, 05:36 PM) View Post
Sounds like the people that used to rent the house next door to us, are now your new neighbors!!!

They were into hauling junk for people for a living and often left a big trailer out on the street, in front of their house. The wife allowed her little two year old two wander out into the street a few times and they had this younger man living with them that looked like a crack head. He dressed all in black, didn't seem to go to school or work, and had all kinds of tattoos and piercings.

Man, were we glad when they moved!!! Renters are bad news...I guess they got tired of us turning them in for code violations.

I was going to post the number for you to call, but somebody beat me to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We like the tattoos and piercings, that's what we are, Chris has the tats and I have the piercings... (although, now that I am pregnant, I have to take some of them out...) tongue.gif

And not all renters are bad... most of our friends are renters... But then again, our friends would all make GREAT neighbors! laugh.gif
<3

#39 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Mar 11 2008, 06:26 PM) View Post
We like the tattoos and piercings, that's what we are, Chris has the tats and I have the piercings... (although, now that I am pregnant, I have to take some of them out...) tongue.gif

And not all renters are bad... most of our friends are renters... But then again, our friends would all make GREAT neighbors! laugh.gif

You're right....not ALL renters are bad.

It just seems that SOME renters don't care for the property like an owner would. I should have clarified that.

It's puzzling to me why some people don't buy a house, when the rent is as much, or higher than a house payment. The tax write off is great and you never have to worry about your landlord raising your monthly payments.

Since I'm older, I can't relate to tattoos all over ones body and the piercings just gross me out. It must be a generational thing. Now, a tattoo on a mans arm, I can see, but not all over his arms.

So, since your going to have a baby, you have to take some of your piercings out? Where, oh, never mind, I probably don't want to know.

George Orwell

#40 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Mar 11 2008, 08:08 PM) View Post
Since I'm older, I can't relate to tattoos all over ones body and the piercings just gross me out. It must be a generational thing. Now, a tattoo on a mans arm, I can see, but not all over his arms.

So, since your going to have a baby, you have to take some of your piercings out? Where, oh, never mind, I probably don't want to know.

I think you are too old for me to tell you.... tongue.gif

Tattoos on a guy or girl is HOT! Piercings on a GIRL is hot, but not so much on a guy... wacko.gif

Our best friend does tattoos right here in Folsom! Conrad Melancon
<3

#41 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

Chris that stupid HUGE trailer is STILL there...
<3

#42 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Mar 11 2008, 09:08 PM) View Post

Reminds me of the movie Pulp Fiction.
I would rather be Backpacking

#43 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

The city is discussing their ordinance against parking your car/boat/trailer on the street with a big "For Sale" sign on it. Part of the reason for the ban is because of the devaluation of neighbors' properties. Surely, they must prohibit the parking of ugly trailers on the streets as well!
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#44 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Ahhhhhh, the plot thickens....

A notice was posted on the trailer today...

obviously it had no meaning....

#45 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 12 2008, 07:49 PM) View Post
Ahhhhhh, the plot thickens....

A notice was posted on the trailer today...
obviously it had no meaning....

Maybe the trailer is going to be used to haul away that fence that is about to fall down. Is that their friggin RV camper too? Are these people from Oklahoma or what?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users