#61 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (giacomo @ Aug 24 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, just so people know, as someone earlier mentioned, it has been learned that, yes, Wells Fargo does own the property and no they NEVER rent it out. The cops were there and the people who answered the door said they owned it. The cops returned and their story became that they rented it! Apparently the cops said that MANY people live there. They can't do much about it..so it is looking like they are squatters or maybe someone illegally rented them that home. Either way, it is still a dump and yes, code enforcement has been notified.

Wow, that's interesting because I inquired about renting that property. There was a "for rent" sign for months in the yard. Wish I could remember the name of the management company.

#62 yellow green

yellow green

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

We were looking for a house to rent 3 months ago.
We contacted 'Starr property management" and looked at the house inside, but it was very bad.
The woman from the management company looked strange and seemed like she just wanted our information because she said we don't need to pay any application fees.
We thought something was not right and we had been wondering it was a scam.

#63 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

I contacted code enforcement and the head of the department let me know that they checked and Wells Fargo did in fact rent to these people. He also spoke with the property manager regarding the RV and trailer issue, and they are supposed to deal with that and the property maintenance issues. He also said they would keep an eye on the house to make sure things improve.

#64 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (giacomo @ Aug 25 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted code enforcement and the head of the department let me know that they checked and Wells Fargo did in fact rent to these people. He also spoke with the property manager regarding the RV and trailer issue, and they are supposed to deal with that and the property maintenance issues. He also said they would keep an eye on the house to make sure things improve.

Wow, way to go, giacomo, on getting an answer. We had a bank-owned house across the street and it took quite a while to get the bank to respond to the 6-foot weeds. We were lucky a nice young couple bought it so we didn't have to keep nagging code enforcement.

#65 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Giacomo for taking action and finding out the truth.

#66 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Aug 25 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Giacomo for taking action and finding out the truth.

+1. And it only took 63 posts to get there! When will we learn...

#67 monstermovie

monstermovie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (giacomo @ Aug 25 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted code enforcement and the head of the department let me know that they checked and Wells Fargo did in fact rent to these people.

I just got a call from Folsom Code Enforcement as well (355-7229 for anyone interested in talking with them). Owned by Wells Fargo and Managed by Starr Property Management. These are the people that are paid (read: motivated) to keep complaint calls about the property to a minimum.

Code Enforcement can enforce the following city codes:
- No vehicle parked on a street that is unregistered
- No vehicle can be parked in one spot for over 72 hours. If it's parked in the same spot, it doesn't appear to have been moved.
- No trailer of any kind can be parked on the street unhitched to a vehicle.
- It's interesting that there's no code for vehicles being parked on the yard.

Starr Property Management, (916) 423-2221, http://www.starrpm.com, is responsible for:
- Vehicles parked on yard (lease agreement stipulates this).
- Landscaping being reasonably presentable.
- Renters behaving themselves.

I just left a voicemail and email for Starr. Others who are interested in seeing the property improved are encouraged to do the same. Their email addresses are: starrpmsacto@frontiernet.net and starrpm@msn.com. Sample email (cut-n-paste!):

Hi Debbie,

I understand that your company is providing property management services for the property located at 330 Turn Pike Drive in Folsom, CA.

I have resided in the Natoma Station neighborhood for 5 years now and have never seen a property here more degraded or abused than 330 Turn Pike. Can you please have the renters keep their vehicles off the lawn, RVs off the street and can you provide some landscaping services for the property?

Thanks in Advance,

#68 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Aug 24 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's interesting because I inquired about renting that property. There was a "for rent" sign for months in the yard. Wish I could remember the name of the management company.

Were you going to rent the house or the motor home?

#69 capitolfolsomguy

capitolfolsomguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:My family, my close friends, my community, snow skiing, staying fit, politics and current events.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (cw68 @ Aug 23 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'm probably in a better position to defend "these people" than anyone else here who hasn't ever met them, doesn't know diddly squat about them or anything. I stand by what I said and that is that we shouldn't be sitting here judging them. Enforcing code is enforcing code. Calling the people who live there squatters, people from Rio Linda, muslim, minorities etc. is simply useless and non-productive.

Anyone bother to call the City or are y'all just too busy sitting here calling people names, posting pics and addresses and complaining? Anybody bother to walk up to the house and say, "Hey, it's looking pretty crappy out front. Can you do something about it?"

<crickets>

Nope, didn't think so. It's much easier to sit here on your high horses and b*tch.

Hey, CW/wiseguy, some of us are a little late to this discussion, but here is my take. First, many of us in NS are engaged, involved and care about our neighborhood. I am one of many who have called Code Enforcement. When I approached a few of the occupants who were out front a little over a month ago and politely pointed out the motor home issue, I was told in so many words to not worry about it.

So do us all a favor. Save your lectures for someone who wants to read it. The fact that you are a MyFolsom 'moderator' doesn't make you the 'MyFolsom know-it-all' nor does it put you in a position to talk down to the rest of us. We are unimpressed by your lecture. The only b*tching I see here is coming from you.

#70 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (capitolfolsomguy @ Sep 1 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, CW/wiseguy, some of us are a little late to this discussion, but here is my take. First, many of us in NS are engaged, involved and care about our neighborhood. I am one of many who have called Code Enforcement. When I approached a few of the occupants who were out front a little over a month ago and politely pointed out the motor home issue, I was told in so many words to not worry about it.

So do us all a favor. Save your lectures for someone who wants to read it. The fact that you are a MyFolsom 'moderator' doesn't make you the 'MyFolsom know-it-all' nor does it put you in a position to talk down to the rest of us. We are unimpressed by your lecture. The only b*tching I see here is coming from you.

My point of view has nothing to do with being a moderator. I'm a forum member and I live in the neighborhood, my comments are appropriate.

My beef isn't with the dislike of the property, it is with the judging of the people. I stand behind what I've written. If I've offended you, I'm sorry.

#71 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (capitolfolsomguy @ Sep 1 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really, was that rant against cw68 necessary? Do you feel better now?

Seriously, you must have completely missed her point because the fact you took the time to go talk to those renters shows you did exactly what she was suggesting - go talk to them and the city code enforcement - instead of just b*tching about them on here

I don't get how you perceived that as a holier then thou condescending lecture at all, it seemed pretty clear that she was referring to the people who judge and complain about things without ever doing anything about it - that was not you at all since you actually did go talk to the renters.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#72 capitolfolsomguy

capitolfolsomguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:My family, my close friends, my community, snow skiing, staying fit, politics and current events.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Sep 2 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, was that rant against cw68 necessary? Do you feel better now?

Hmmmm. No one asked for your lecture either, but thanks. biggrin.gif

#73 monstermovie

monstermovie

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

Update: Starr Property Management has contacted the renters and it looks like the RV has been removed (now replaced with the trailer being parked on the lawn). They also hired a landscape person to fix the sprinklers and clean up the landscaping.

Since there was no visible improvement I called Starr again today - they said "we'll take care of it". BTW - it's Debbie Starr, Starr Property Management at 916-423-2221 if anyone else wants to light a small fire under them.

Lastly - Wow. This thread (and many others on this forum) reads like a 21st century online version of "Lord of the Flies". I've visited online gamer forums that maintain a higher level of decorum and respect. Really, if it's not germane to the title of the post, keep it to yourself - work out those aggressions via exercise or something.

#74 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Yeah the RV if finally gone but I noticed over the weekend the trailer is back in its familiar spot on the front lawn (dead lawn)...sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users