27 replies to this topic

#1 MrsBouquet

MrsBouquet

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

What is the deal that's preventing the median strip from Black Diamond to Prairie City to be landscaped appropriately? How about putting in some trees to buffer the noise from Route 50? Email your city elders. This project is way overdue.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:54 AM

I guess you are talking along Iron Point Road???

Anyway:

Lorraine Poggione
Landscaping and Lighting District Manager at
916-355-7207

or

Richard Lorenz
Public Works Director at
916-355-7272

After you get the information you want please update this article and let us know what happens.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

I agree. This area is very much in need of landscaping, as is Prairie City around Intel. One of the first impressions people get of Folsom. It's a mess.

#4 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

Black Diamond is to be maintained under the landscape and lighting district formed for Natoma Station. Contact your HOA and find out who's on the board for the L&L district.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

I think he is referring to Iron Point...

#6 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

Not just Iron point but Folsom in general has some of the worst lanscaping I have seen for a town of its size. For a city that carries as high a home value as Folsom, you would think the city collects enough tax dollars to do a little more with its landscaping. Folsom Public Works and Lanscaping should take a roadtrip down to Pleasanton some time. Talk about some impressive city landscaping!!

#7 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

If the city ever does end up putting in some tress along the the median on Iron I hope they are smart enough to put in a stop light at Black Diamond. It is already dangerous enough without trees blocking your view.

#8 YabYum

YabYum

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ May 24 2005, 09:47 AM)
If the city ever does end up putting in some tress along the the median on Iron I hope they are smart enough to put in a stop light at Black Diamond.  It is already dangerous enough without trees blocking your view.

View Post

the only comment i agree with so far. smile.gif

anyone who's tried to make a left from Black Diamond onto Iron Point knows EXACTLY where this guy is coming from. Talk about a "leap of faith" while driving! The only downside though? There are already TOO MANY lights on Iron Point between Folsom Blvd and Intel. sad.gif

#9 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:51 PM

The Natoma Station L&L only goes to the midway point on Black Diamond, if I recall correctly. The south side of the street, including the median, used to belong to Intel. I don't think they added it to the L&L when they deeded it over.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#10 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Sandman @ May 24 2005, 10:47 AM)
If the city ever does end up putting in some tress along the the median on Iron I hope they are smart enough to put in a stop light at Black Diamond.  It is already dangerous enough without trees blocking your view.

View Post

Hey- we dont need no more stinking stop lights impeding our progress on Iron Point.
BTW- I love that intersection on my way home- like to make the left with what I think is lots of room to spare- but oncoming cars seem to think they need 1/2 mile clear and always honk- I just wave- maybe they were just saying HI _ smile.gif

But the median could use some new landscape and what is about all the median trees they pulled out between Black Diamond and Ingersol- they were nice- Now there is NOTHING ....

Cheers
F500

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#11 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

Stop lights should be under a whole city topic of their own. There are just TOO DAM-NED many in Folsom, and the end does not appear to be in sight. As an example: Oak Avenue coming from Iron Point has a light about every 100 yards. Another example exists between Prairie City and Folsom Blvd. on Blue Ravine. Try Iron Point at Folsom Blvd. then at the factory outlet entrance, then at Ingersoll.

I agree that Black Diamond is one of the more dangerous places to exit/enter Iron Point because of the curve in the road. A light would have been far better placed there than at Ingersoll, or at the back entrance to Intel that is so seldom used.

Another pet peeve about the stupid traffic lights in Folsom: WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SET THEM UP TO TRIP IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE ONE CAR IS COMING OUT OF A SUBDIVISION ONTO A MAJOR THOROUGHFARE???????? We don't need to immediately stop a whole series of cars because one vehicle is trying to exit the backway at Intel, or come out from the back of Winco instead of the front!!!!!!
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#12 YabYum

YabYum

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ May 25 2005, 09:28 AM)

Another pet peeve about the stupid traffic lights in Folsom: WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SET THEM UP TO TRIP IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE ONE CAR IS COMING OUT OF A SUBDIVISION ONTO A MAJOR THOROUGHFARE????????  We don't need to immediately stop a whole series of cars because one vehicle is trying to exit the backway at Intel, or come out from the back of Winco instead of the front!!!!!!

i'll disagree with you there. i think it's incredible that Folsom has so many 'triggered' lights set up around town! the alternative would be what? to have lights set to automatically turn red every "x" seconds? is that preferable to you? I doubt it. That would just cause MORE light changes than currently exist

Right?

#13 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:42 AM

No, they are more sophisticated than that these days. They have more than the timing or immediate trigger options. For example, at Natoma Station and Blue Ravine, that light only triggers after a certain amount of time, giving the opportunity for a car who is simply making a right turn to get that taken care of without stopping 50 other cars.

Then, there's the new-fangled idea of actually utilizing those little cameras in both directions. Thus, when there are 20 cars bearing down on an intersection at 45 mph, they are not brought to a screeching halt for one car. The camera can gauge a break in the major thoroughfare's traffic and let the sole car out.

#14 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(john @ May 22 2005, 11:30 AM)
I agree. This area is very much in need of landscaping, as is Prairie City around Intel. One of the first impressions people get of Folsom. It's a mess.

View Post

I was thinking exactly the same as I drove by there yesterday - its looking very shabby and run down - the median reminds me of something you'd see in an abandoned city - I'm surprised the weeds are so over grown and how ugly its looking....hope the landscape crew gets out there some day to clean it up

maybe with the new stuff going up next to safeway they'll consider improving the median - heck almost thought about taking my weedwacker out there and doing it myself

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#15 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(Sandman @ May 24 2005, 09:41 AM)
Not just Iron point but Folsom in general has some of the worst lanscaping I have seen for a town of its size. 

View Post

I disagree -for the most part Folsom has the best city landscaping I've ever seen - it just needs to be better maintained in some areas.

Personally I'm very proud of Folsom and I enjoy showing it off to visitors - we live in a very beautiful place and we're lucky.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users