• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

One of my favorite things in the 90s is that it seemed kinda inbetween everything. A few miles one way to Sunrise Mall, and the other way was everything in Folsom (which even then, seemed like its own city in alot of ways). Meanwhile all the basic stuff was there in town, like supermarkets and pizza places.

I started going places on my own a little bit in 1994/95, right towards the end of when I lived in OV. Usually just stuff in walking distance, but I even took the bus up Greenback to the area around my mom's office after school (I still went to Jr High there but lived out of the area... really long story!).

What's funny is that I probably would like it LESS if I lived there now. I don't have a car, so most places I get to by taking the bus, walking or getting rides. Bengs that alot of key things (i.e. Sunrise, Dimple music, post office, a Walmart, goodwill stores... which I love) are about 3 miles in all directions, I'd think it was inconveinent, lol. With a car I think OV is awesome though.

#2 Barbie87

Barbie87

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

Wa Me Chinese Restaurant and Donut spot.

Edited by Barbie87, 22 October 2010 - 09:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users