5 replies to this topic

#1 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

Recently did a security check on myself and my home address.     Intellus and Whites Pages had two people listed living at my Folsom address with the same last name.    I did not know these people and never met them.   Intellus and White Pages even had them listed as my relatives.    I checked with Sacramento County Recorders Office and they were great at running the names of the past owners of my home.    All the names listed from the recorders office were ok.    

My credit checks from Esperion,  Equifax, and Trans Union  checked out ok.  

I contacted the listings and they were good about deleting these names from my home address.   I did my own check on these people and both were from the area (the women went to the same college).  The man had three spelling versions of his first name.    They are now in the midwest and southern USA.

Make sure you all check your credit and your home address listing.

My guess is they were "working the sidelines" for credit cards or using my address as a past home to get credit for an apartment etc.

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:52 AM

Former tenants? Or neighbors?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

could be relatives or even friends of a past owner - mine has the past owners parents listed separately-  could also be a renter

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Not related to the two individuals and they never lived at my address.  Their names recently appeared.

Looking up these two scoundrels in the directory....a picture and map of my home would appear.   Make sure you all check your address.

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

Which website or service did you use for the security check?

Someone else posted a similar story in folsom, but the scammers were trying to rent their house. It was for sale, and empty. The ad said to not bother the residents. Scary.

#6 Tyto Alba

Tyto Alba

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

Which website or service did you use for the security check?

Someone else posted a similar story in folsom, but the scammers were trying to rent their house. It was for sale, and empty. The ad said to not bother the residents. Scary.

Annual Credit Report.      Very easy to use and very fast results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users