#16 LadyGreenEyes

LadyGreenEyes

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Feb 14 2007, 09:55 PM) View Post
I'm a hard working single full-time father of three who is so damn far from being rich, it's not even funny. Why, because I choose to live in EDH closer to my place of employment, am I classified as "rich"? I have to ask, are there Folsomites with an inferiority complex, or is it just bad jokes?

I think it has to do with all the upscale homes that have been built recently in EDH. I moved here (Cameron Park) in 1974 and I remember how EDH used to be. It was a nice, small, middle class town. Nothing snobby or pretentious whatsoever. The only thing there was Raleys and a gas station. It was never viewed as "a rich area" or an upscale place to live. I remember when Ridgeview was the only wealthy area there. In a way, EDH was a much nicer place then back.

It's too bad that average, hard working people have to be surrounded by the attitudes of those that think money makes them better than others. I used to shop at the EDH Raleys from time to time for a change of pace. I quit that. The attitudes there make me sick. I know not all people that are wealthy are like that, so I really don't like to stereotype. But I have a friend that lives in EDH that just put her home on the market to get away that town. She said it is just too pretentious for her. She's a divorced mother of 2 that works hard to make ends meet. She said the exact same thing, that people assume she's rich because she lives in EDH. EDH is a nice town, but I guess by living there people will assume you have money.

#17 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(jafount @ Feb 14 2007, 09:55 PM) View Post
I'm a hard working single full-time father of three who is so damn far from being rich, it's not even funny. Why, because I choose to live in EDH closer to my place of employment, am I classified as "rich"? I have to ask, are there Folsomites with an inferiority complex, or is it just bad jokes?

likely a poor joke made by a teenage member on the boards. I wouldn't think much of it.

#18 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

you know there may be more uppety folks in the big houses in EDH but there is always something that balances things. just listen to the traffic reports about it being backed up to bass lake and when you get off at the folsom exits and see the traffic all backed up going to EDH you just wave and say have a good day.

if there is a good thing about the gridlock which will come with the development of south of 50 will be the traffic will really screw the EDH folks

#19 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

It's funny...lots of Folsomites get all offended when we're cast as uppity snobs by people from outside of the area but many are quick to pass the same judgement on people just up the road.

#20 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

I had noticed that too. I went to EDH to try out the new Safeway on my normal weekly purchases. Prices were much higher. At Safeway in Folsom there is generally a sale of at least one thing in each category i.e mayo, cereal, etc. A friend and I noticed in ELDH Safeway it is Buy 2 get one free and in Folsom it is usually Buy 1 get one free. I agree there are other places to shop but for the prices to be so much higher is not good. The Folsom Safeway is being remodeled (not that it needed it) to be a "Lifestyle Safeway". Probably prices will go higher there too.

SP

QUOTE(palango @ Feb 13 2007, 01:21 PM) View Post
How is it possible that the very same company charges complete different prices???

1lb Banana @ Folsom safe way = 33 cents and the same at NEW EDH location = 67 cents???

Case of Arrowhead bottle water @ Folsom Safeway = $3.99, but in EDH = $4.50???

Is this legal???

I should call Kurtis to expose the overpriced punks at the EDH safeway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users