#16 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

Nice smoke ring Dave!

Looks delicious

Thanks! I'm really proud of it ... took me a long time to perfect that smoke ring and get it right.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#17 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks! I'm really proud of it ... took me a long time to perfect that smoke ring and get it right.

I just shared your post with my nephew who has been lusting for a green egg for a long time. he said they have them at an incredible price at costco right now, but he's got some other financial priorities ahead of that (whole house fan, landscaping at their new house, etc.). He has a smoker, so he's going to try your recipe and said if I come across any others to let him know. Love it!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#18 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

I just shared your post with my nephew who has been lusting for a green egg for a long time. he said they have them at an incredible price at costco right now, but he's got some other financial priorities ahead of that (whole house fan, landscaping at their new house, etc.). He has a smoker, so he's going to try your recipe and said if I come across any others to let him know. Love it!

I got mine at Costco, been wanting one for years, they are expensive but Costco had the best price I've ever seen for them. The same exact bbq at Green Acres and most everywhere else is $300 more. In all honesty though, a cheap weber bbq is fairly similar (but not the same) and they're less then $50, just gotta use good lump coal instead of charcoal briquets and use a good wood for smoking to get the best results. He will have fun with that recipe, its the best I've ever used and I've tried a lot.

#19 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Dave, if you need a second opinion on anything your cooking I'll volunteer. I'll even bring a bottle of port!

#20 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Dave, if you need a second opinion on anything your cooking I'll volunteer. I'll even bring a bottle of port!

Robert, port to a bbq? gotta bring a cab or a pinot noir.

#21 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Robert, port to a bbq? gotta bring a cab or a pinot noir.

I was planning on you bringing the Chocolate Desert after the ribs

#22 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

I was planning on you bringing the Chocolate Desert after the ribs

you got it!!!

#23 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

You're on! I love a good port wine - and with the honey glaze baste that goes on these ribs they are kind of sweet which could work with port

Do have to agree with 4thgen though, a pinot noir would be best....... but I'm a port junky so its all good! :-)

#24 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

You're on! I love a good port wine - and with the honey glaze baste that goes on these ribs they are kind of sweet which could work with port

Do have to agree with 4thgen though, a pinot noir would be best....... but I'm a port junky so its all good! :-)

We need to schedule that day out in the field to decide once and for all ( for that day anyway) who has the best Port wine in Amador or Eldorado counties. I know its tough to be out in the field doing research but somebody has to do it, but you and I and anybody else who wants to join us should be up to the task!

A Port wine only tasting adventure would be fun!

#25 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

We need to schedule that day out in the field to decide once and for all ( for that day anyway) who has the best Port wine in Amador or Eldorado counties. I know its tough to be out in the field doing research but somebody has to do it, but you and I and anybody else who wants to join us should be up to the task!

A Port wine only tasting adventure would be fun!

That would be fun, I've had a few good ones up in the local hills, one of my favorite local ports is at Chateau Routon

#26 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

If you do go back to JR's I recommend just getting a 1 pound plate of brisket. It's what they do best. I also had it at a catered event and it was drier than in the restaurant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users