5 replies to this topic

#1 BibbyFan

BibbyFan

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:47 AM

Hey did anybody see XMen 2 over the weekend? If so, how was it?

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 01:10 PM

It looks like a renter, IMHO. But I can't wait for Matrix Reloaded as well as Terminator 3!!!

#3 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 06:25 PM

I can't wait to see it too. Heard it is good.

#4 carlar1

carlar1

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:57 AM

I saw X-Men 2 on Saturday night and it was a really great movie! Much better than the 1st X-men movie. Great story line and special effects. I definitely suggest that you see it in the theatre. I am sure that you'll love it! biggrin.gif

#5 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:06 PM

I reluctantly agreed to see XMen last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. I agree it is much better than the first one. I would recommend seeing it, except that I am ticked off about the increase in movie prices and may try to boycott for awhile. We belong to Netflix, so I'll just hold out for the rentals . . .
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#6 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:23 PM

I get irritated at every ticket price increase too. Unfortunately it is only the beginning... with $200-$300M movies being made, they just raise the prices of the movie. I for one love seeing movies like Waterworld tank b/c Hollywood loses a fortune on it and it forces them to think twice (although in retrospect Waterworld made money with overseas ticket sales)...

I would gladly pay a little more for a blockbuster like the Matrix or pay a little less for a small-budget movie... unfortunately Hollywood's answer is... how about you pay more for it all no matter how much money they wasted.

The new "weekend" charges are outrageous. I remember a time when there was no such thing as a "convenience fee" - that is also known as "we charge you because you have no other choice". boohoo.gif
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users