Folsom Teen Found Dead

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#16 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

I do not normally copy from the OTHER forum- but here are some more details- from a poster---

I just got back from the family's home. It is the son of our friends. Our other neighbor across the street from the vitim found him hanging in the redwoods in Big Foot Park. The young man was hanging by the neck with his feet tied up behind him. His shirt was about 15 ft. away from his body. Because of the shade and the redwoods, his body was not immediately visible.

The family is devastated. The neighbor who found him is devastated. I hugged him and held him and then we held hands for awhile. Everything I found out I was told by the man who discovered the body.

What a waste of a very bright and interesting youth -- My condolences go out to family, friends and neighbors ...

#17 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

Oh no... I'm so, so sorry. Our prayers are with his family and friends.

Nancy

#18 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(SacKen @ Mar 13 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post
Let's be real careful here. We all know this forum has a history of easily taking speculation in one post and creating 100 posts of ugliness from it.

Unfortunately its not speculation - it really happened

based on the description of the body having the legs tied - this was not a suicide

for more info on this check out the other forum

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Mar 13 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post
Not if it is a hate crime.

ditto, this is freaking me out that something so evil has occurred in our town

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Mar 13 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post
Unfortunately its not speculation - it really happened

based on the description of the body having the legs tied - this was not a suicide

for more info on this check out the other forum

The racism and kkk comments are what I was specifically referring to. That speculation is dangerous.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#21 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

Guys, please please please keep speculation to a minimum, out of respect for the deceased and their family. My heartfelt condolences go out to the friends and family, this is terrible news.

#22 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Mar 13 2007, 11:16 AM) View Post
The boy in question was my son's best friend. I just got off the phone with my son and he is devastated, as am I.

The high school is making counselors available. Your son can go and talk to someone if he wants to. I am so sorry. I did not know this boy, but he lived in Natoma Station and went on busses and to schools with one of my kids. No matter the hows and whys this is terrible.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#23 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Mar 13 2007, 12:24 PM) View Post
The high school is making counselors available. Your son can go and talk to someone if he wants to. I am so sorry. I did not know this boy, but he lived in Natoma Station and went on busses and to schools with one of my kids. No matter the hows and whys this is terrible.

I'm glad to hear that the counselors are being made available.....I figured that would happen, but having confirmation is good. I left work and came home for the rest of the day in case he chooses to come home rather than stay at school, but he did tell me he'd be staying all day.

This is just very hard to comprehend.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#24 folsomfishmom

folsomfishmom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

I take my children to that park often, I drove by at 9:30 this morning and later was told by neighbors there that it was suicide.. I hope soon details can become more clear.. I don't know how I would feel right going to that park again now...maybe it could be made a memorial or something.

I am sorry for those involved.

#25 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Mar 13 2007, 11:16 AM) View Post
The boy in question was my son's best friend. I just got off the phone with my son and he is devastated, as am I.
I am SO sorry for your son, as well as your family, and of course the boy's. Absolutely tragic.

#26 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

I just got through to the school to find out the process when they bring in counselors. They have them in the school library, and apparently have ordered in pizza to feed them all, and the counselors are speaking to them there. My ex just sent me a message that he'd reached our son on the phone, and he was in the Library, so that is good. I wanted to be sure he spoke to someone.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#27 Leslie_R

Leslie_R

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

I have spent time this morning with Gary who found the body. Gary's family and the family of the deceased youth have lived on Hopfield Dr. across the street from each other for 13 years.

I am well acquainted with the parents. They are a multi-racial family, and the father is a correctional officer at Folsom Prison.

Gary described to me vividly what he found and the condition that the body was in. The young man's shirt was about 15 ft. from the body.

The young man is a junior at Folsom High.

The family is receiving a lot of emotional support. While I was there, the police were inside the house interviewing the father.

Three or four ministers showed up. There were people standing around all over the area hugging each other and crying.

The deceased spent many years playing in the park in which he died. He was such a great kid; he was very polite, friendly, and humorous.

#28 Leslie_R

Leslie_R

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(notsure @ Mar 13 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post
I am in shock, I live closeby and did not see anything when I was driving to work around 8:00 am. I hope children walking through the park did not see the dead body. Our condolence to the family.

I walked through the park at 7:00 a.m. and did not see anything. The youngman was in the shadows of the redwoods, dark complected, and wearing dark clothing. Even at 9:00a.m. when he was discovered, the body was in a very shaded area.

#29 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm devastated. My heart goes out to all who knew this boy and hope they can get to the bottom of this qiuckly.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#30 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:29 PM

The word tragedy is thrown about on this board quite often, but definitely applies in this case.

Sincere condolences to the family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users