• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trans

trans

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, biking, camping, shooting, surviving!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Tonight- July 27th at around 9 pm, a dog one of our neighbors was sitting got loose. My wife and I saw it and tried to get it to come to us, but it would not. We saw our neighbor running and got him into the car to continue looking. We saw a jogger who told us he saw the dog run towards the high school. When we pulled up to the light we saw the dog there dead with bleeding from the head. The driver was nowhere in sight. It is a crime to leave the animal there and also a severe moral issue. Accidents happen, people should be able to accept that, but no one even stopped to check the collar. If anyone saw anything or has any information, please leave a response. Thank you.
Life is nothing until it is lived...

#2 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

So sad. I hope the person comes forward on their own.

#3 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

this is terrible. the biggest danger to dogs it seems to me are UPS trucks who speed through the town. They seem to go faster than the UPS trucks for some reason. Hope some information is developed of the driver

#4 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

My UPS driver does not speed and is very considerate in our neighborhood.

I'm not sure why you posted that in a thread about someone who hit a dog...!

#5 I can find it for you

I can find it for you

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hello,

I drove by to late but saw the outcome and it was heart breaking to say the least.

Everyone needs to slowdown in this town. Accidents will happen but have guts and take responsibility for your actions to the driver who hit and run.

Wish the man the best who lots his dog.

reallyin2010@gmail.com

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

I once drove down Natoma and saw a cat laying motionless in the road. I stopped to check on it and it was still alive and conscious. It had been paralyzed by the blow. The car didn't stop and when I stopped to check, some of the neighbor boys out playing in their yard just laughed at me. I asked them who's cat it was and they pointed to the house across the street. I went and told the man and he rushed to help his cat. I saw him a week later at the store and he thanked me for getting the chance to say goodbye to his friend.

I often wondered how those boys would have reacted if I had asked them how they would feel if it were their pet. But I'm just glad I might have made them think about it a little.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

As an owner of two dogs and two cats stories like this bring tears to my eyes. Especially knowing in the case of this dog it had gotten loose and the family was actively trying to come to its rescue. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users