2 replies to this topic

#1 JoAnne Reinking

JoAnne Reinking

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

Unfortunately due to the economic situation , Cordova Lane Elementary School is one of two Rancho Cordova schools scheduled for closure at the start of school year 2010-11. A dedicated and passionate group of parents have been working extremely hard to raise 300k by March to keep this school open another year. Their efforts make me believe that if anyone can achieve this goal- they can. Please visit their facebook page "Save Cordova Lane" or www.savecordovalane.com to learn more.

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (JoAnne Reinking @ Dec 13 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Save Cordova Lane

Shucks, I saw the title and thought this was about the bowling alley with the same name, well I guess it uses the plural form "Lanes".

Anyway, to help ya out, here's the website you listed, but now I hyperlinked it for ya.
No Charge.

www.savecordovalane.com
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

Well, the old Albertson's is still empty. A bowling lane would be really good over there at Natoma and Blue Ravine.

But, the Save Cordova Lane is a good cause if you happen to be a Rancho Cordovan. And, if you believe it can be saved for more than one year, which would require ongoing funding. Good luck to them.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users