New York Bagel & Cafe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 croxfordFiles

croxfordFiles

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Family, Baking, History, Reading, Education, Ethnic Foods, The Great Outdoors, Walking, Political activism, Travelling

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

I have recently been on a crusade to patronize local businesses as often as my bank account will allow.

I drive past this place on an almost daily basis and have been wanting to give it a try for quite some time.

New York Bagel & Cafe is located in a shopping center on Olson Drive, right near the Michael's & newly remodeled Target store.

The cafe has outdoor seating and the atmosphere inside is very inviting.
It's slightly dim, but not dark, which makes me think it'd be a great place for a first date. Cozy but not too romantic. It's very clean and you can tell the owner's take pride in their business.

They have a good selection of sandwiches, including Vegetarian options, yummy salads, fresh fruit, soups, breakfast fare, and of course bagels.
Lot's of bagels. In every flavor you can think of.

Now, this might sound silly, but I was really impressed with their drink selection.
They serve Java City coffee (yay! local coffee!) and can make you any fancy shmancy coffee concoction you desire. But it doesn't end there- they have the usual fountain sodas, but they also make smoothies, have a ton of juice options and the thing that got my kids really excited- Apple Cider in mini bottles.

There were two people working when I came in with 3 of my kids in tow.
The 20-something guy taking orders was really nice & very patient w/o being patronizing, as I struggled to order while trying to keep my Aspie son from flapping & running in circles.
We ordered 2 sandwich specials, 2 extra drinks & 2 bagels with cream cheese.
My total was a mere $25.05- sandwich combos being just $6.70 a piece & including chips & a fountain drink.
Food was prepared & ready within 5 minutes.

I got the hummus sandwich on dutch crunch w/all the veggies (lettuce, peppers, tomato, sprouts) and provolone cheese.
The sandwich was really flavorful which surprised me because usually when I get a sandwich with hummus, it's pasty & bland.
This one was not. I was impressed.

The kid's bagels were toasty & had a generous slathering of warm cream cheese.
This is where I think most bagel places get it wrong- they usually slop some cold cream cheese on top of their bagels and it just ruins it. New York Bagel & Cafe makes no mistakes here, though.

The bagels are fresh and made in-house. You don't have to worry about getting a rock hard bagel.
These are delicious!

This is by far my new favorite local place and I'll be back soon!

New York Bagel & Cafe is located at 10929 Olson Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA.
They are open 5:30am-6pm Mon-Sat and 6:00am-4:00pm Sunday.

Stop by & try them out, you won't regret it!

*For pics & full review please visit my blog at The Croxford Files

#2 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

Nice review. Bagel, fruit and coffee sounds real good right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users