5 replies to this topic

#1 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

Ike's Deli is a small hole in the wall mom-and-pop sandwich shop.
It has been in Rancho Cordova for a very long time.
The store itself is only open for a few hours a day (lunch time I think it's only from 10:30 to 3:00), and not on the weekends.

The location of the store as well as the inside of the store are pretty unimpressive. Some of the time the "relationship" of the employee's can be less desired for an eating establishment (there can be some yelling going on back and forth).

You need to be prepared for a high lunch crowed. The line can be very long. However, the service is incredibly fast.

Now about the important thing - food.
Ike's serves their sandwiches using fleshly baked pita bread. They bake the bread right there in the store. All the other ingredients are fresh and tasty. There are sandwiches from turkey, ham, pastrami to meat ball etc. They also serve freshly made soups.
You can pair your sandwich with some chips (although this is really not necessary).
And to finish off your meal there is cookies or baklava.
The pita bread is to die for, and paired with some ham and cheese, lettuce and onions (for me no tomatoes or the spices) and you have about the most perfect sandwich you can ask for.

Be careful about ordering the "whole" sandwich. You will get the whole pita, two pockets, cut in half each filled with all the sandwich stuff. That is alot of food.

I will usually go and order the sandwiches and then also get one or two pita breads (you can order them on their own) so I can make my own for the next few days.

It's one of the best sandwiches in the area and highly recommended.

#2 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

We have been going to Ike's for over 15 years, we used to work at Sprint in Rancho. Couldn't agree more with the OP about the food, absolutely the best around. Try the chicken salad, and don't forget the pickles on the side.

Jeff
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#3 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

Ditto! Wow! I can't believe it's been that long! I used to work across the street from Ike's in 1996-2000. AWESOME sandwiches!!!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#4 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Mmmm.... I LOVE Ikes!!!

#5 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Love Ike's on many occasions for lunch. Only thing I don't like is they put a ton of onion in each sandwich but so long as I remember or scrap the excess off, it is a great lunch.

Don't recall going there w\o a line (its popular) but as OP said, it moves fast.

#6 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Trucks<br />Boats<br />camping<br />

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

Ikes is awesome. I have taken friends there and they love it too. Its a must eat at place!
"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users