#1 bmwonly

bmwonly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle riding, Fishing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

I noticed they finally got around to sending the Current Month's usage of water with the Service Bill. That being the case, according to what I currently use in a 2 person household is going to cost me an extra $48 per month starting in 2013. I'm going to cut back now and see if I can match the current rate and see if the grass stays green. I'm thinking there are going to be a lot of dead lawns in Folsom once people realize what it will cost them. I wonder what the City planners are going to do with all that money?
The main problem with retirement is I don't have anything to do so I never know when I'm done!!

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I find the information they are providing confusing. I get the info on the monthly use (present cost, future cost, etc.), but I was hoping they would you show you on each bill how the price varies by month. I am finding that my February water use is projected to be lower with metering while my June bill came in much higher. I would like to know if its going to balance out when compared throughout the year. Each month the new bill comes and only shows the bar chart for that month, not the previous months. Can the city please adjust that information so its easier to understand what the complete year use is?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

We don't get that info paying automatically online. I'm going to see if I can call and get it.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

I noticed they finally got around to sending the Current Month's usage of water with the Service Bill. That being the case, according to what I currently use in a 2 person household is going to cost me an extra $48 per month starting in 2013. I'm going to cut back now and see if I can match the current rate and see if the grass stays green. I'm thinking there are going to be a lot of dead lawns in Folsom once people realize what it will cost them. I wonder what the City planners are going to do with all that money?

Lot's of threads on where the $$ will go, Robert will most likely comment :)

My metering data from the chart on the back of my bill has lower usage for every month since Aug of last year except for Jul which all of a sudden shows an almost double usage which is absurd. I haven't changed my usage at all, sprinklers have been on the same time since Spring. Very odd. My future charge would go to $44 from $37 so only a $7 change but still doesn't make sense since my usage has not doubled that I see.

Also, does anybody know what the numbers on the y-axis indicate? What is the unit of measure? Scale goes from 0-40 but what is it measuring? The legend just says "Monthly Water Usage."

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Dear City of Folsom Utilities Department,
Please make it easier for us to understand what our water bills will look like for the whole year.
Signed,
Taxpayer who will be paying for it.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Lot's of threads on where the $$ will go, Robert will most likely comment :)

My metering data from the chart on the back of my bill has lower usage for every month since Aug of last year except for Jul which all of a sudden shows an almost double usage which is absurd. I haven't changed my usage at all, sprinklers have been on the same time since Spring. Very odd. My future charge would go to $44 from $37 so only a $7 change but still doesn't make sense since my usage has not doubled that I see.

Also, does anybody know what the numbers on the y-axis indicate? What is the unit of measure? Scale goes from 0-40 but what is it measuring? The legend just says "Monthly Water Usage."

Mine doubled this month, too. Up until now, I had been pleasantly surprised by the readings where we would have been charged $2 less than the current monthly flat rate.

I think the y axis is the amount of CCFs you used.

Remember you are charged a certain rate up to a certain point and anything over that will be at a higher rate. It's like you must be punished for having a large family or like to garden. I don't mind paying for what I use, but I don't see why it can't be at the same rate - just like they do for businesses.

Added info: So for a single-family home there is a $15 base charge and then you are charged $1.08 per CCF that you use up to 20 CCFs. From 20 to 40 CCFs you will pay $1.30 and over 40 CCFs is charged at $1.60.

Good news to you pool owners, the pool surcharge will be dropped according to the City's Web site.
Bad news to people that pay the East area surcharge - it stays. (Good news to those of us that don't want to help subsidize development)

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I guess "park-like backyard" will be a negative on a real estate listing instead of a positive. :P

We already have a lot of brown lawns in our neighborhood, but I think it's mostly due to negligent landlords with tenants who are allergic to lawnmowers.

#8 gbfolsom

gbfolsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

We don't get that info paying automatically online. I'm going to see if I can call and get it.

You can still get your water usage if you pay online. Log into your online account and then look for the link on the left that says "consumption."

#9 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Yes but it doesn't give you the comparison of what you paid versus what you will pay under metered billing.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users