• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LilyPad630

LilyPad630

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 10:51 PM

I've heard enough negativity about Affordable Housing. Let's try to have a discussion that is positive, constructive and informative on how to make this responsibility a win-win situation for everyone in the community.

I personally do not believe that segregating affordable housing units is a good idea for our community or for any community. In my opinion, integrating affordable housing with market rate homes is the best way to appease everyone.

I believe CCR's should be in place in these developments giving the community a say in the way their neighborhood is maintained. I don't believe they should go over board like the El Dorado Hills CCRs where battles became public over the color of yellow paint on someone's house. However, I believe that certain rules should be in place to make sure the neighborhood is clean and there is a limit on how many cars are parked in your driveway or roadway, etc., etc.

I think the neighborhoods should be modeled after the Greenhaven/Pocket Community in South Sacramento / I5.

They built duplexes on every corner that would be considered affordable housing when compared to the other single family homes in the neighborhood. These duplexes were built to blend well with the other homes. Some of these duplex homes are beautiful.

Well, those are my ideas. Anyone else have any positive ideas to offer?

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 11:52 PM

I personally think it can be done rather easily, so long as the Council decides not to "cluster" the land in places such as by the high school. The whole point is so that you don't know where exactly it is... it would look just like the house next door.

#3 LilyPad630

LilyPad630

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 04:46 PM

I agree clustering affordable housing creates a negative "stigma" to the neighborhood. Also, you may end up with a community full of rental homes.

I personally do not like the idea of more apartment complexes going in near the school. You already have 4 apartment complexes on Iron Point Road. I don't think we need anymore.

I think they should have a teen center and the Folsom Library near the high school. There are a lot of kids from the high school that could utilize the library computers and books to do research after school. Also, it could be a more positive place to meet than the parking lot of Safeway.

A teen Center would be nice with lighted basketball courts, walkways and trails and a location for kids to meet, have activities, dances, etc. I think this is better than roaming the Business District of East Bidwell, etc.

I have teenagers and it would be nice to have a positive place for them to go to after school, etc. Once the stadium is built on the high school, it would be nice to have a teen center they can go to and socialize. It is a safer environment for them.

Just my ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users