Suicide In Town Center

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

El Dorado County sheriff's deputies converged on El Dorado Hills Town Center Tuesday morning after a woman's body was found hanging in the dumpster area behind the New Orleans Building in El Dorado Hills at 9 a.m. Tuesday.

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/womans-body-found-at-town-center/

So, so sad

Lots of speculation in the comment section

#2 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

very sad.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#3 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Why hasn't there been any more info on this? When you read the link, there seems to be a lot more questions than answers. For example, if people called 911 that they heard screams, why is this called a suicide? Did the girl hang herself and decided in the act she didn't want to or is it possible someone murdered her? It seems odd that a girl would bring her dog with her and use his leash as a noose and then the dog was found later.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#4 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Why hasn't there been any more info on this? When you read the link, there seems to be a lot more questions than answers. For example, if people called 911 that they heard screams, why is this called a suicide? Did the girl hang herself and decided in the act she didn't want to or is it possible someone murdered her? It seems odd that a girl would bring her dog with her and use his leash as a noose and then the dog was found later.

it said woman, not girl. the update in the article says police have ruled out a crime. the dog has been reunited with the family. I suspect the family filled them in on the woman's background. just very sad.

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

I don't know th eperson, but my experience with some people who have mental health problems; is that screaming is common. And it is very distressing to hear. It should have been an indicator that she needed to be found and placed as a 5150.

This is so sad. Many of these cases can be prevented by making sure the person stays on medication that is prescribed by a physician for mental health problems.

#6 RobKei

RobKei

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

I find this story to be very odd. I've been in mental health for many years. Women typically attempt suicide by overdosing or cutting, men by shooting or hanging.

And for a woman to hang herself in front of her dog?

Very odd.....

#7 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I agree. Even people in despair would be worried about what would happen to their dog. Just so very tragic and perhaps this person has a long history with mental health issues. It's just so sad b/c maybe she wasn't planning to kill herself, but then just became overwhelmed with despair. Too bad she had no one she felt could help her.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

now all we have to do is wait for the "town center is haunted" stories to begin.

I wish the family privacy as they grieve.

#9 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

I agree. Even people in despair would be worried about what would happen to their dog. Just so very tragic and perhaps this person has a long history with mental health issues. It's just so sad b/c maybe she wasn't planning to kill herself, but then just became overwhelmed with despair. Too bad she had no one she felt could help her.

I had a friend who laid down in his bedroom with his dog when he shot himself in the head.
I think most people who are so depressed as to kill themselves, aren't really thinking about the well-being of their pets after they are gone. I believe they're thoughts are rather consumed with something else that is on their mind at the moment and they are in a one-track mindset.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users