Photo
- - - - -

Large Group Of Kids Running Through Prairie Oaks Today Around 2:15Pm?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Jen

Miss Jen

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Did anyone else see the large group of 20+ kids who were running through the streets of Prairie Oaks today around 2:15pm? I first encountered them because i heard people talking and peaked out the window & several of them were on my porch, hiding in the bushes,etc. I was a little paranoid because i thought maybe they were trying to break in my house. Then, i noticed some of them in other neighbors yards. Then, they took off running and i realized there were a lot more of them. I encountered them a while later when i went to pick up my kids at school and they were running into the streets off Grover by Caitlin Park, causing problems when people were trying to drive by... Playing some sort of game... Not sure if they were a part of some highschool afterschool club or a sports team,etc.. Just curious if anyone else saw them.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

And did you call the Folsom Police to check it out?   If not, why?

I didn't see any in my area of Prairie Oaks, but I wasn't home all of the afternoon

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 Miss Jen

Miss Jen

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yes, I did call the Folsom Police. And, i also called the high school... But, obviously the kids were on the move... I did take pictures too...

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Why would you call the police? Were they doing anything wrong? I moved to Prairie Oaks in April and think its kind of weird that I don't see kids running around. I know kids live here. Get outside!

#5 Miss Jen

Miss Jen

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Oh, my bad. I was simply looking out for my neighborhood. Next time i see a large group of 20+ teenagers running through my neighbors yards, jumping fences, going up to peoples front doors, hiding out, running out in front of moving cars, endangering their lives as well as lives of other people in their cars with their families. Well, next time i guess i shouldn't look out for my friends, neighbors and community because it's great to see this type of behavior outside from teenagers..

#6 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'm sorry, there is nothing wrong with this as long as they aren't destroying anything. Let kids be kids.

#7 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ummmm no. Little neighbor kids are one thing. Unknown 20+ teenagers - stay off my property. In my backyard, cops get called.

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Miss Jen, you did the right thing. I would have reported them too.

A few years ago we had kids (KIDS) going around and tripping the electric

circuit boxes.  They can get out of hand when they are in big groups.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

All you "I'm callin' the cops" people have never, ever lived in a place where you really need to call the cops. Get a grip.

#10 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

If they were in people's yards, jumping fences, and appearing reckless, that's not OK, and it's a perfectly normal response to call the police to check it out.  It's a judgment call.  I don't agree with the "get a grip" attitude.  The way we get a grip is by looking out for one another.

#11 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

I saw them run past SJG. I thought they were associated with the high school and didn't think they were doing anything wrong.

#12 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

If they were in people's yards, jumping fences, and appearing reckless, that's not OK, and it's a perfectly normal response to call the police to check it out.  It's a judgment call.  I don't agree with the "get a grip" attitude.  The way we get a grip is by looking out for one another.

I agree with your thinking - "we look out for one another".

What does it hurt to have the PD check things out and see what's going on? If everything is legit, it's no biggie right? Ever heard of the saying it's better to be safe then sorry? 

Interesting that nobody's found an explanation yet for that many kids to be out roaming thru yards and porches.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#13 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

There was  a bunch of kids from VDL out doing Chritmas carols this weekend. Perhaps the OP saw them running down the street to meet up with others. The group was very large.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users