Photo

Roy Moore - The New Standard For Republicans?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

Recent accusations have been lodged against Roy Moore, candidate for Alabama senator.  Four women have accused him of inappropriate sexual advances in the late 1970's including one case when the woman was only 14 years old.  Eventually, this will get sorted out.  Situations like this are fraught with problems for both the accusers and the accused.  Issues like statutes of limitations, hard evidence, and witness memories and recollections are usually something less than clear and convincing.

The unusual, and somewhat shocking story here, is voters in Alabama who say they will support Moore, even if the allegations are found to be true.  Is this the new standard for some republicans?    Do republicans no longer think that a person's history defines their character?  Are republicans willing to put politics above all else?  Even honor and integrity?  Do republicans now think the age of consent is 14?

Alabama State Auditor, Jim Zeigler, told the press that biblical stories offer justification for the acts Moore is accused of committing.  "Take Joseph and Mary,"  Zeigler said.  "Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter.  They became the parents of Jesus."  Doesn't he understand that they NEVER HAD SEX?  It's the point of the whole story.

The Alabama senatorial election is on Dec 12th.  We'll find out then what people in Alabama really think.

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hey, can I get a quote on painting my house with your broad brush?  Pretty sure this qualifies as trolling but I'll bite. NO.  Can you sleep better at night now?

Missed your outrage when Dem party leadership said they wouldn't kick Menendez out if found guilty of the various bribery and corruption charges against him. 

And what an indictment of our legal system that trial is. Good grief, the evidence is overwhelming, but one juror thinks it will be a hung trial as there is trouble in the jury room. How can there not be when after 7 hours, the jury asked the judge for the definition of Senator....WTF?  I pray I am never brought before a jury, as it will be near impossible to get a fair trial from my peers.  Attorneys want stupid jurors, i want intelligent ones.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Dumb thread by an ignorant Leftist troll who voted for the Clintons EVERY TIME THEY WERE ON A PRESIDENTIAL BALLOT!! And you question OUR standards and morals? What a dingbat.

#4 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

The Moore story does not surprise me.  Given that the leader of the Republican Party (Trump) is proud of his sexist actions I think his followers are bound to include a lot of like-minded people.  I suspect that Moore has done this but I don't understand why it took so long to come out.

#5 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

I suppose your premise MIGHT have some validity if Trump had supported Moore.  He didn't. He supported his opponent, Mr Strange. Trump was "furious that Moore won by all reports.  Sorry to pop your narrative with facts, but I'm sure you will find a way to distort reality in your mind to make this about Trump somehow... <eyeroll>

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

The Moore story does not surprise me.  Given that the leader of the Republican Party (Trump) is proud of his sexist actions I think his followers are bound to include a lot of like-minded people.  I suspect that Moore has done this but I don't understand why it took so long to come out.

Folsombound, I do think Trump is one of those men, womanizer, always going after the next hot young chick. Totally, you can see it.  I do not offer a single excuse for that, never liked those kind of men, never really liked Trump at all until he was my POTUS.   I am married now almost 30 years and always will be, to the same woman.   That is me, and my Catholic roots.  Once married, you do it for life, for better or worse.  And for me it is all better, my wife and I golfed today and had a great time.   We are joined at the hip....    The sad thing here is that you guys, you on the left, you liberals, you progressives cut Bill Clinton a pass, an actual rapist, a serial philanderer, a serial cheater.  Not only did you cut him a pass you went on to destroy any and every woman who accused him of rape, exposure, groping, solicitation, etc.. to ad nauseum.   Once you own this, fess up to your bias, your bias of the last 30 years, your destruction and character assassination of all these Bill Clinton accusers, I will acknowledge your outrage and contempt of Trump, and maybe listen to your complaints.  Sad thing you guys were silent then.........   Very sad.   A little late to complain, feel outrage, don't you think...?   You can't have it both ways.  The laws of morality apply to all......   Don't care if there is a large "D" after your name, you are not exempt.  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#7 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Hey, can I get a quote on painting my house with your broad brush?  

If Moore wins on Dec 12th, the broad brush characterization sticks.

#8 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

What a new low for the GOP!        :BOO:

They would rather elect a liar, cheat, sexual predator, and child molester than admit

something might be wrong with their party!            :CHARLIEBROWNCLOUD:

:bowdown:         :loco:                         

Amazing.         :CRAZYLOCO:

(Well, I guess no more amazing than Turnip believing Putin rather than his own intelligence agencies on Russian meddling!)

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#9 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

What a new low for the GOP!       

They would rather elect a liar, cheat, sexual predator, and child molester than admit

something might be wrong with their party!            

Wow, just Wow....!   Do you realize you just characterized good old Bill and wicked old Hillary for the last 30 years.  Glass houses brother, glass houses....   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#10 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Chris, that's what trolls like UncleLib and Who_Dem do... they say things that are blatantly stupid and hypocritical simply to get a response. But we tolerate them (and try to educate them) due to their mental issues. I view it as *charity*. :)

#11 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

If Moore wins on Dec 12th, the broad brush characterization sticks.

That is just dumb. So all Dems support perverts because of Weiner? All Dems support rape because of CLinton?  So if Menendez is convicted and doesn't give up his seat I can say the new standard for Democrats supports bribery and corruption.?  Dumb logic.

What you are failing to understand is how much hatred there is for the Democrats and their stupid policies..  There were far more votes for Trump based on hating Hillary than for loving Trump.  In your Alabama example, (apparently) at lest some people see Moore's opponent as far more damaging to their interests than Moore's damage to individuals. Not saying it's right, just saying your broad brush approach is EXACTLY the type of rhetoric that makes many people reject liberals.. We the people are sick of being lectured to by those that (wrongfully) assume themselves our betters. After 8 years of being called racists, misogynists, nazis, haters, bitter clingers, etc, we have had enough! Espescially when those that have been preaching the loudest are shown to be the most hypocritical <cough> Hollywood

#12 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

That is just dumb. So all Dems support perverts because of Weiner? All Dems support rape because of CLinton?  So if Menendez is convicted and doesn't give up his seat I can say the new standard for Democrats supports bribery and corruption.?  Dumb logic.

What you are failing to understand is how much hatred there is for the Democrats and their stupid policies..  There were far more votes for Trump based on hating Hillary than for loving Trump.  In your Alabama example, (apparently) at lest some people see Moore's opponent as far more damaging to their interests than Moore's damage to individuals. Not saying it's right, just saying your broad brush approach is EXACTLY the type of rhetoric that makes many people reject liberals.. We the people are sick of being lectured to by those that (wrongfully) assume themselves our betters. After 8 years of being called racists, misogynists, nazis, haters, bitter clingers, etc, we have had enough! Espescially when those that have been preaching the loudest are shown to be the most hypocritical <cough> Hollywood

Did you actually read what I wrote.  I'll try to explain it.  If the allegations are true and Moore wins the election on Dec 12th, it means a majority of Alabama voters have no problem with his pedophilia and sexual advances to minors.  It means they all believe the new age of consent (for republicans, anyway) is now 14 years old.  I'm not basing my comment on the actions of a single person, I'm basing them on the actions of an entire voting bloc of people.  And, if a majority of people from Alabama take this stand, there is high likelyhood there are numerous people in others states who think the same.  Broad brush applies.

#13 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

If the allegations are true 

He said, she said. Impossible to prove. Just another pathetic witch hunt by Dems. Lies and innuendo. Nothing to see here. Fake News. Move on.

#14 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Tio Vinny, who_dem, folsombound.......   Own your own sexual deviants, your criminals, your rapists (think Bill Clinton), and from 30 years ago, there is still time I hope...?   Own your extortionists, your unsavory elitists, your pay for play politicians (think Hillary), your bottom of the barrel and we will too...!  Actually I already do, just put some facts out there and I will throw this guy under the bus.   Actually, don't already like him.  Never really heard of him.....   Never liked Trump either, until he was running for POTUS, and I liked everything he said, everything truly American he stood for....  Not a hard decision for me, to disown this right-tard Judge whatever his name is..   Never heard of him until last week.   Don't care, toss him aside if he is guilty............Why is it so hard for you to not disown your own left_tards....?  And for 30 years now...   All with the backing of the very left wing MSM, the water carriers for the left as I call them.  Report all the evil on the right and ignore it on the left, even make excuses for them.   And the DNC entrenched ones,  when they screwed over Bernie so publicly and blatantly, the guy I voted for here in CA.   How sad  you all are....!   Oh, and the other grain of salt is the WaPo.......?   Can't believe a thing they say....?  They are not journalists, they just "report" what Bezos tells them too because he saved all of their jobs as they were going bankrupt.  That "journalist" train left the day Bezos bought them.  Total left-tard reporting, not facts, just the left side of the news, half the real story.   They are an operational division of the DNC, the democratic party, the far left fringe...   I give them two years of existence when Bezos cuts them loose.....   Of course they lose money every day and are supported by Bezos as long as they tow the far left "liberal" reporting line.  Report as I say, not the truth, not the facts, or you lose our job....!   You know I am right....!  Chris

Jeff+Bezos+Washington+Post+Spookd+Blog.j

1A - 2A = -1A

#15 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

John Oliver did a number on the false reasoning the GOP uses to spread disinformation.  :BREAKDANCE:

There's the WHATABOUT argument . . .

"Sure, Roy Moore molests a 14-year old "but WHATABOUT Bill . . ."   :KOOLAID:

There's a FAKE NEWS argument . . .

"They claim global warming, but who can believe the NY Times or the Washington Post?"  :headbang:

Massive self deception !!!   :summerteeth:   :SPAM:   :letseat: 

It would be funny, but it's MY nation too, MY planet too,

and I won't sit quiet while morons destroy it.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users