343 replies to this topic

#331 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:35 AM

I agree that this will ultimately be decided in court and only the facts, testimony of the parties under oath, and the experts' opinions are what are really important in the ultimate outcome of this situation.

Having said that, I also see no harm in people tossing around ideas and even speculation as long as it's not mean-spirited. It's called freedom of speech. It's not a bad thing. Does anybody really think anything said on this board is going to be brought into a courtroom and used as fact? I think not.

#332 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

I vote for ducky over jillz. the posters on this are just looking for the truth and looking at an event that could easly happen to each of us. being a victim or having kids/grand kids having a moment of bad judgement.

one you get into this post you kinda want to see in the end who was the most right, old FF or iduno since both claim the have the inside scoop.

if the old CHP accident folks are involved we will know down to the single mile per hour just how fast the cars were going cause I saw a tv show once about their special team that does nothing but work big accidents.

there was a post by FF talking about other racing accidents and how the folsom one has charges already. folsom is a great place to live and we have fewer bad folks than most cities with the result that our police really don't get a chance to work a lot of big cases like drive by shootings, serial rapists and murders. when something happens its a real big deal and they work the hell out of it. thats why when you see a police action you always see a few police cars casue they swarm to the scence. most of the time its quiet. I kinda think this swarm to the action is like little kids soccer where a bunch always follows the ball.

the old untold story with this sad accident should be the insurance folks lurking around cause some company is going to be paying a lot of money. they are the ones who will really be looking to the speed of the boys and whether the solara was stopped in the lane or was clipped by the racing car

in the meantime old FF and iduno keep the pot stirred and the rest of us will see when the smoke clears which one as righter

#333 Family Friend

Family Friend

Netizen

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:29 AM

I am not anti-law.

I have said that I agree with the majority of the police report, but that it only tells part of the story and isn't a complete version of what happened. The DA said that the investigation team needs 3-6 months to complete the investigation. I don't think I am way overboard in this opinion.

I believe in our system of law. We have so many checks and balance in our system of justice that I have no doubt the boys will get a fair investigation and trial.

At the end of the trial I will accept the judges decision. If the judge rules that they deserve the max. - so be it.

I don't think that the officer knew the teacher will play a large role in the outcome of this case or the investigation process. In 6-8 months time it will have no impact on the judges decision.

In the court of public opinion though it is very important.

The public formed opinions and thoughts about the boys based on police statements made to the media the night of the accident. The public assumed that these were unbiased statements of fact made by the police.

Now some of my fellow posters on this board - lovely, idunno, and myself (Family Friend) for example, do not share many of the same opinions on this subject. However, we all thought it was very important to tell you the reader who we are and our background to the case.

Lovely - I am very close to the McNew family - and here is my opinion.
idunno - I have two friends that are investigators in the case - and here is my opinion
Family Friend - I know the families and all the boys - and here is my opinion.

With this information you the reader can now read our statement and decide how much faith you have in our opinion. Many of you don't trust anything that I say based on the background information that I have given you. That is fair enough and your right as the reader.

So understanding that police have feelings just like everyone else, and can get caught up in the emotions of a traumatic event doesn't the public need to know about his relationship to the driver so that they can decide how much value to place on his opinion of the boys behavior after the accident.

He made opinion statements about the boys as if they were fact to the media. I think that his statements were very self-serving and a personal attack on the boys.

The public's opinion of the boys is based on these self-serving statements by a police officer to the media.

In a court of law, and the investigation, this police officers opinion do not carry any weight in the outcome of the verdict, but he personally declared the boys guilty to the public.

Isn't it important to know that he has biased opinions?

#334 idunno

idunno

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

FF-

I don't understand who you are talking about when you say the officer "HE" made biased statements to the media when the spokesperson was a female? I would also like you to answer my question about what the kids said in the report, since you say you have a copy of it. What did they say they were doing? speeding? driving speed limit? goofing around? You have never mentioned anything of what they say in the report, only what the officers say??? Why is that?

#335 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(idunno @ Feb 15 2007, 10:16 AM) View Post
FF-

I don't understand who you are talking about when you say the officer "HE" made biased statements to the media when the spokesperson was a female? I would also like you to answer my question about what the kids said in the report, since you say you have a copy of it. What did they say they were doing? speeding? driving speed limit? goofing around? You have never mentioned anything of what they say in the report, only what the officers say??? Why is that?

And FF, why won't you answer davburr's repeated request to explain your statement about "As of 11:16 AM today the rumor changed to a fact." I think we'd all like to know what you're talking about.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#336 Family Friend

Family Friend

Netizen

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Feb 15 2007, 11:00 AM) View Post
And FF, why won't you answer davburr's repeated request to explain your statement about "As of 11:16 AM today the rumor changed to a fact." I think we'd all like to know what you're talking about.

What I meant is that idunno posted at 11:16 on that date and told everyone that the police officer new the teacher. Confirming my prior statements.

Now I have said that the police are leaking information about the case to the parents.

Then idunno who doesn't agree with me about anything, but says -

I know that Family Friend is wrong, because I have two friends on the police force telling me information about the case.

Doesn't that confirm that there is a police leak?

#337 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(Family Friend @ Feb 15 2007, 11:12 AM) View Post
What I meant is that idunno posted at 11:16 on that date and told everyone that the police officer new the teacher. Confirming my prior statements.

Now I have said that the police are leaking information about the case to the parents.

Then idunno who doesn't agree with me about anything, but says -

I know that Family Friend is wrong, because I have two friends on the police force telling me information about the case.

Doesn't that confirm that there is a police leak?

No, that just confirms there's lots of rumors running rampant

This is an internet forum, a place for discussions. Don't take everything you read here as golden.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#338 idunno

idunno

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

FF- I am still waiting for you to answer my questions about what the kids say they were doing....you say you have access to the reports.....well?

#339 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

The punk driving the Stealth that killed the lady pleads guilty today to felony vehicular manslaughter. Hope he gets some serious CYA time...too bad he can't be sent to a real prison.

http://www.sacbee.co...ory/385590.html
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#340 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Folsom writer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:writing, reading, horses, dancing (Argentine Tango, West Coast Swing, and Ballroom)

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

They should've tried them as adults.

#341 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Sep 18 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post
The punk driving the Stealth that killed the lady pleads guilty today to felony vehicular manslaughter. Hope he gets some serious CYA time...too bad he can't be sent to a real prison.

http://www.sacbee.co...ory/385590.html

The punk gets 6 months, way to go court system! Kill a woman, get 6 months. Watch out now the speed demon punks have nothing to fear.

http://www.news10.ne...x?storyid=32883

...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#342 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Send them off to Iraq. I heard that the Pentagon needs more trained killers over there.
--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#343 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

6 Months. Just doesn't seem right does it.

angry.gif

#344 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

Give kids the death penalty. Teach them early that killing is a bad thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users