"I wish there was a 'blank' in Folsom."

Attached Files

#17 designer

designer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:39 AM

I wish there was a Whole Foods in Folsom. And a good Brazilian BBQ, soul food, Barnes & Noble, locally owned Grown up and Children's bookstore, cute boutiques, Asian market, movie theater that showed some foreign films and animation, a huge public library, and a Farmer's market!

#18 Dude

Dude

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (jenjen @ Oct 27 2003, 09:40 PM)
Good idea for a poll -

I wish there was a cheap Thai restaurant

Not sure about the "cheap" part but there's a fantastic Thai restaurant that opened Sunday 10/26/03 on E. Bidwell. It's kitty corner to the Texaco station. Really great food cooked by natives from Thailand.

Frisbee Golf

How about a park for the game of Frisbee Golf

#19 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:23 AM

I wish I had long hippie hair in the late 70's and early 80's, during my high school years.... (seriously)

(hehehe Sorry I am off the subject AGAIN) biggrin.gif tongue.gif

#20 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:19 AM

Nice shaggy... now I have 'Match Game' stuck in my head... happy.gif

#21 Susan&Rich

Susan&Rich

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:13 AM

Yes to all of the above restaurants, stores, and shopping mall. If we had all of them, we wouldn't have to leave Folsom.

It may not be a complete success, but I wish there was a good Asian restaurant that served dim sum for lunch and good family style cooking for dinner. Coming from SF, we had the luxury of eating delicious Asian food every day without taking a long drive, so it would be convenient not having to drive down to Stockton/65th Street.

Finally, I wish there was a bakery restaurant that would offer mouth-watering cakes and tons of other desserts at reasonable prices. (The Ettore's, not sure of spelling, is overpriced and limited in selections.)

#22 Not a Folsom Snob

Not a Folsom Snob

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:34 PM

How about an IKEA? Of course at the same time I like to see all growth in Folsom stop. I loved it in the late 80's when it was a small town without tons of traffic. I guess that's another subject. Regarding Thai Food, the resturant over by Chevy's didn't seem expensive or to fancy and was very good the half dozen times I tried it.

#23 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:31 PM

Okay, so maybe this is a little redudant coming from me but....

I wish there was a dog park in Folsom! My dogs are driving me crazy and with my bad back there is no way I can get them all of the exercise they need!

Love the "art house" or "indie" theater idea and Susan you are so right about needing a good bakery. I want pie, pie and more pie!!!!!! cool.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#24 Not a Folsom Snob

Not a Folsom Snob

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 01:37 PM

Maybe some of these kids with to much time on their hands could start a little dog walking business. Kids and dogs both need exercise right? Just a thought instead of brothers fighting over video games fight over who will walk the family dog!

#25 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 03:05 PM

Folsom needs a NOAH'S BAGELS!!! We have to go to Mad bout Hazel to get our bagel fix and the Bagel place on Riley ("Central Folsom) is just awful.

#26 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:47 PM

I used to love Match Game when I was a kid!

I wish there was a good Chinese restaurant. Haven't had any luck in the 2 months I have been here. I also wish there was a Max's and a Pasta Pomodoro

I wish there was a ToysRUs

I wish there was a mall

I wish there was a small theatre also

#27 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 08:49 PM

Really Gina? I tried Chinese food all over Sacramento and Folsom, and I think most of Folsom's Chinese restaurants are pretty good. I like China House in particular.

#28 kanda

kanda

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:08 PM

I like China House in particular.

Good grief, cybertrano, are you sure you & I aren't clones? smile.gif

I was also going to recommend Gina try China House. It's probably the best we've tried in the area. We also liked (slightly less, perhaps, but still very good) Emperor's Garden (down by the movie theater), and Jade House (that's in EDH). In fact, the only one we really didn't like was Golden Lake (though we tried it only once).

I wish we had a soup & salad bar restaurant like Fresh Choice (though I'd prefer Sweet Tomatoes, but I don't think they're in the area). The one in Roseville isn't too far, but it's hard to drive there for just that.

And many of the other places that have already been suggested ....

#29 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (cybertrano @ Oct 29 2003, 08:49 PM)
Really Gina? I tried Chinese food all over Sacramento and Folsom, and I think most of Folsom's Chinese restaurants are pretty good. I like China House in particular.

The chinese restaurants are good but not as good at those in the Bay Area, or even those on Stockton Blvd. I took my parents to Jade King and ordered General Chicken. When it came, they said that the dish wasn't General Chicken. On another visit, we went to Jennie's palace and my parents were asking about authentic chinese dishes that weren't on the menu. The waitress admitted that we weren't going to find any of those available in Folsom.

The way I determine if a chinese restaurant is authentic is that they have live fish in an aquarium and the bathrooms are filthy.

#30 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 11:29 AM

Yea, coming from the Bay Area and living in SF for many years I guess I am rather picky when it comes to Chinese Food.

Jennie's Palace is o.k. I have also tried Rice Express near us but I only like their veggie dishes. I will try the other recommendations.Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users