30 replies to this topic

#31 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

I don't know how to say this. Maybe just some food for thought.

Last night my kids came home from school. Apparently the Sutter VP and the Sundahl Principal had addressed the kids about this attempt. Within a few minutes of my kids talking about the Principals talking to them at school ----we got a call from the Sundahl Principal stating that these two boys had had someone attempt to get them into their car.

Ok fine so far. But while the kids were talking about it--they went into a discussion about what children at school were saying about this.

This is where it gets disturbing.

My boy says that the guy had tried to do this 17 times before and still hadn't been caught.

My daughter corrects him and says no it was only 3 times.

That was not what is one the news or from the calls from the Principals.

Then the kids go on to discuss that the man is scary looking and with each breath something new is told to me--that they heard from a student at school.

Luckily I had saved the message from the school. I made each child listen to it--then asked them what the discription of the person was --the discription of the vehicle--and how many kids had been involved.

I know this sounds crazy---but I really think there are a few kids out there (in each of the schools) who are stirring up unfounded "facts" and creating more fear.

So, I'm thinking---talk to your kids tonight and see what other kids are telling them. Make sure your kid knows the "truth" and understands that false information being passed around could be harmful. Also let them know that they're safe and that schools and police are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of this investigation as quickly as possible.

Like I said, just food for thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users