21 replies to this topic

#16 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

We were waiting for them to open and check them out, as well. We got the coupon so saved a little on our first visit. I was a bit concerned by the prior posting that said their filled donuts weren't filled. I ordered a dozen and did not pay real close attention as they filled the box. When I got home, we did not get what we ordered. Additionally, two of ours that were supposed to be filled were also not filled. Lastly, I LOVE french donuts but theirs are not so special. They are closer to Entenman's (store-bought) than what I am used to. Overall, I was pretty disappointed and will likely stay with Baker's Dozen even though they are often out of french when I get there.

Nuff said.

#17 folsommomma

folsommomma

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Bakers Dozen, the one in the Raley's shopping center is the best donut shop in Folsom. Linda, the owner is so sweet and she remembers her customers and I love the coffee. It's a shop that is run by the owners and the donuts are super fresh.

I tried the new Folsom Donut store by Chipotle and was disappointed with the lack of freshness, the service and the floors were dirty. The donuts are not as fresh as Baker's dozen or as good.

Bakers Dozen has been around for 23 years and running strong. Cindy even sneaks in free donuts for me sometimes. That's only something an owner can do!

#18 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

Bakers Dozen, the one in the Raley's shopping center is the best donut shop in Folsom. Linda, the owner is so sweet and she remembers her customers and I love the coffee. It's a shop that is run by the owners and the donuts are super fresh.

I tried the new Folsom Donut store by Chipotle and was disappointed with the lack of freshness, the service and the floors were dirty. The donuts are not as fresh as Baker's dozen or as good.

Bakers Dozen has been around for 23 years and running strong. Cindy even sneaks in free donuts for me sometimes. That's only something an owner can do!

You know, I've always like the coffee there too. But I am simple in my donut needs, and either shop meets my needs just fine (though I tend to go to Baker's Dozen just because it's a smidge closer, and it's been here longer)

#19 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Since the topic of donuts recently came up, I decided to check out a local shop - The Donut Shop. What a total disappointment! I was there mid morning after the early rush and the only customer. Service was incredibly & painfully slow. The floors are still dirty & the place looks filthy. The donuts were standard, nothing fancy. I tried a fritter & cinnamon roll...very bland in flavor. So bland & boring in fact, that I only had a few bites of each & threw the rest away. and now I've got that greasy taste that I can't get rid of it!

#20 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

.....and you know.....if a shop owner lets an area that a customer can see get dirty what do the "hidden" areas look like?  What other aspects of the business are not being run properly?

Just sayin'

Please just stop sayin'.

#21 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

We love BJ Cinnamon.  That is our favorite donut shop by far.  The donuts are good and the people are very nice.

#22 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

I wasn't impressed with BJ Cinnamon either (wrote a review somewhere).....guess I'm just not a donut fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users