• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

If you are ever around the Sunrise Mall looking for a good place to grab a bite to eat, I highly suggest you stop and try The Elephant Bar & Restaurant. I first tried the Elephant Bar many years ago in Santa Barbara, CA, and was delighted to find a location near me in Citrus Heights!

This restaurant is great for casual dining. The wide menu offers something for everyone. They serve everything from pasta dishes to jambalaya to cuisine with an Asian flare. Everything is flavorful and delicious and we have yet to experience a menu item that we are not fully satisfied with.

As is noted in their name, they have a full bar with lots of specialty drinks too. If you are a fan of happy hour (M-F 3-7pm), then you can sit in the bar to get great deals on many of their openers including sliders, bruschetta or coconut shrimp skewers all for $6 and under. Pay $2 for a house margarita, $3 for well drinks, and my personal favorite is the Long Island Iced Tea for $4. (Aaron is our favorite happy hour waiter, btw! smile.gif )

Likewise, don't let the name mislead you into thinking that this is not a kid-friendly restaurant. We often bring the kids in during happy hour (which is in the bar-only) as well as into the restaurant. Kids meals are about $5 and under and while they do have the traditional kid fare they also offer a vegetable stir-fry as well as a citrus salad which both my kids love.

Speaking of kids, they also love the safari themed decor which includes a giant African elephant (tusks and all) protruding from the entryway as well as the tropical looking fans that *almost* make you forget you are sitting in a restaurant in a mall parking lot!

Overall, Elephant Bar is a great place to go for good service and good food!

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (femmesavante @ Jul 11 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overall, Elephant Bar is a great place to go for good service and good food!

I'll second your recommendation. Been there a couple of times, never been dissappointed in what I was served. Wouldn't mind seeing one open up in Folsom.
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Elephant Bar does a very good job for reasonable price at all their locations I have visited. As an organization they really strive for quality and value. I'm impressed with them.

#4 SandPebble

SandPebble

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

We like Elephant Bar too. The only problem is the wait to be seated sometimes but worth it when you get to your table and begin to sample your order. Definitely a place that has good food and good service and reliable.

SP

#5 Oldschooler81

Oldschooler81

Lived in Orangevale from 1991-1996.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Music and movies (especially anything '80s), computers, thrift shopping, talking and hanging out with people, writing, geography, mini golf, etc. Anything from the past interests me too, of course!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

They have Elephant Bars in SJ, I love the spacious design and decorations like the little waterfalls. I haven't been to one in awhile - if I recall right, the prices are a little higher but the food was great too.

P.S. Are they new? The one down here I didn't go to until 1999, and I can't remember them being around in my day up there?

#6 SimplySusan

SimplySusan

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

both my boys love going to Elephant Bar!! I was surprised the first time they ordered the veggie stir fry but it is one of their favorites!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users